TL-WR700N Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR700N Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WR700N Extender
TL-WR700N Extender
2021-09-22 18:31:59 - last edited 2021-09-24 09:44:58
Model: TL-WR700N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, I bought this  four extenders some years ago from Amazon, I thought I had only to plug the extender to the AC outlet and that was all, today I know it was not so simple,  actually I bought a Tp-Link 741ND router, configure it with my Toshiba Laptop and started navigating the web, but as I have this four extenders  TL-WR700N I would like to use them as there are some places in my home with poor signal. I downloaded the user manual but really I find it very much complicated to understand so I am looking for help. The TP-LINK 741 ND does not have the button for pairing the extender which also does not have that button so I imagine I have to use the network cable and try to pair the extender to the actual WiFi net. Could somebody help me with this issue? Really I don't understand many of the actions required in the user manual. 

Best regards and hoping someone can help me. 

TEEHDRV

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR700N Extender
2021-09-24 10:05:27

@TEEHDRV 

Hello, as per your description, it seems you want to extend the wireless network of the main router, that is the WR741ND, to some dead spots. If that is the case, you have two options as follows.

Option 1: WR741ND---<Ethernet cable>---WR700N)))(((wireless devices

In this case, you can configure the WR700N to be a wireless access point, which we call AP mode:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/378/

Option 2: WR741ND)))(((WR700N)))(((wireless devices

In this case, the WR700N needs to be configured as a repeater:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/390/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 187

Replies: 1

Related Articles