Spintel NBN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Spintel NBN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Spintel NBN
Spintel NBN
2021-09-23 09:05:11 - last edited 2021-09-24 06:58:21

Anyone have any experience of using a Deco device as VDSL2 modem for a Spintel NBN connection? I've been trying all day with reboots and resets. The Spintel support people say all my configuration settings are right, and it's definitely connected from their end. But I'm just not getting internet. Help appreciated 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Spintel NBN-Solution
2021-09-24 02:28:22 - last edited 2021-09-24 06:58:21

@TP-Link  Well mystery solved. Turned out it was all down to a fault somewhere in the network. Presumably NBNco hadn't done the connection properly. ISP (Spintel) confirmed my settings were correct. So they raised a fault ticket. It was fixed in the space of an hour. So that will explain the very sudden fix at my end.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Spintel NBN
2021-09-23 12:02:07

@eN0ch 

Hi, Did you have Deco X20-DSL?

I see that the Deco is online from the cloud server so I think you have fixed this issue already?

If yes, May I know how you have fixed it?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-09-23 13:13:47

@TP-Link 

Yes you're correct. It is now fixed. The funny thing is, I'm not entirely sure how 😂. I did a total reset (for the second time). Then as I proceeded to recreate the setup, at some point I suddenly found myself on the internet, and was given a button to tap for a firmware upgrade on the X20-DSL. That duly downloaded and installed without skipping a beat. Shortly after that the X20-DSL threw another wobbly showing a red light. I went over intending to press the reset button (again). As soon as I turned it over to do that the light came green again, and we haven't looked back. Can you make any sense of that?

Options
2021-09-24 02:11:24

@eN0ch 

Thanks for the update.

I did not have any reasonable guess so far and tend to think maybe the reboot process after the firmware upgrade takes a little longer.

It is suggested that you could keep monitoring the Deco for a while in case there is any further issue.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Spintel NBN-Solution
2021-09-24 02:28:22 - last edited 2021-09-24 06:58:21

@TP-Link  Well mystery solved. Turned out it was all down to a fault somewhere in the network. Presumably NBNco hadn't done the connection properly. ISP (Spintel) confirmed my settings were correct. So they raised a fault ticket. It was fixed in the space of an hour. So that will explain the very sudden fix at my end.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 486

Replies: 4

Related Articles