Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode

236 Reply
Re:[Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul
2024-08-09 14:45:16
Is there an update on this feature request
Options
Re:Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode
2024-08-13 18:49:19

Hello @Solla-topee , I've recently bought RE700X V2 to build wired mesh system with my AX 53 V2 in my home.

After many unseccesful attempt, I saw that this product does not support ethernet backhaul in this community thread even though there is no clear statement in the product page that this product doesn't support ethernet backhaul.

From the eye of customer, I've dealed with the problem 2-3 hours and at the end I saw that my product doesn't support this feature. I've felt disappointment.

Could you please prioritize to put ethernet backhaul feature to your extenders?

Thank you.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Marvin_S 

Can you help us here?

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@SS_Rock 

700v2 and AX53 are supported.

Are you connecting the router and extender DIRECTLY via cable? - It will not work if you have a switch between them - needs to be a direct cable.

Options
a week ago

@Piie 

Hello

Yes I tried it with direct connection between router and extender.

When I plugged eternet cable, my all network become unstable such as clients dropping connection and not getting any ip adress from router.

I think it causes ip address conflict.

Options
Friday

@SS_Rock 

When you connect to the extender via the TPLINK app - can you set/enable Easy Mesh and set the device as a slave/satellite unit first?

When I setup Easy Mesh network, I start with the master unit - factory reset, login to the router, enable Easy Mesh and set unit as Master. Then, for each satellite unit, do the same - factory reset, login, enable EasyMesh - set as satellit device, restart, and then connect the cables.

Options

Voters 127

+ 123 Voters