Votes

Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode

Votes

Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode

227 Reply
Re:Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode
2023-12-28 09:16:58

@Piie wow thanks for the tip. I tried onemesh earlier but easymesh with Ethernet backhaul is working exactly like I wanted.

here is how I did it. I am using two Archer AX10 routers in this setup

1) enabled easy mesh on my secondary router. I chose this router to be in satellite mode. Connected an Ethernet cable from LAN port of primary router to LAN port of secondary router (not WAN port)

2) enabled easy mesh on my primary router. It tried to scan for satellite routers but after finishing the scan my secondary router appeared as a satellite automatically.

Options
2023-12-28 12:08:51
How certain are you that it's working via LAN? Can you see the connection shows LAN? On mine, I can get it to do the LAN backhaul, but only when it's physically connected to my other AX10 during the setup process - as soon as I move the configured router to the room where it is needed and use the LAN cable there that runs through my LAN setup and switches, then it connects via WIFI instead. Total waste of time and money. This easymesh probably also requires either direct LAN cable connections between devices, or TP-Link switches like the DECO when you want to backhaul them.
Options
2023-12-28 12:55:21

@Piie I am 100% sure it is lan connection. I am getting the same speed of what I get with the primary router in my top floor which is impossible with wireless mesh due to thick concrete.

Attaching the screenshot. You can see that the connection is wired in 

Options
2023-12-28 13:49:26

@epraveen 

is the lan cable you have in your home going directly from one router into the other, or via a switch (make/model?)

Options
2023-12-28 14:04:16

@Piie it's a long Ethernet cable from the lan port of one router to the lan port of another. I don't have any switches. 

first check if you are able to connect without mesh mode by connecting to the WAN port of secondary router. Check if the secondary router is appearing in the clients list of primary router. This will make sure that both routers are able to connect with each other. Check if the switch is messing up anything.

Options
2024-01-01 09:40:30

@epraveen 

Not sure if I should be happy or sad...

I got two AX10's to form a Mesh via EasyMesh and LAN backhaul at last.

However...

This ONLY WORKS if the LAN cable between the two routers are directly connected - you CANNOT route that cable via a switch.

Options
2024-01-02 10:40:07

@Solla-topee 

I have Archer A6 v3.20 & Firmware 1.0.16

& RE315 1.0 Firmware 1.0.30

Easy mesh over ethernet backhoul is not working

Solla-topee wrote

Hey everyone!

We got some feedback from our community users requesting for Range Extender to support OneMesh/EasyMesh when works as an Access Point.

Currently,  OneMesh/EasyMesh is not supported when the extender is set to Access Point Mode. However it is planned to support EasyMesh over Ethernet Backhaul under Range Extender mode.

It will start with RE315_V1 and gradually be added to other EasyMesh-supported extenders.

RE315 Supports EasyMesh Over Ethernet Backhaul

Note:

1. An extender needs to support EasyMesh (over Wi-Fi) first, then supports EasyMesh over Ethernet Backhaul.

2. Ethernet Backhaul only works when both your main router and satellite extender support EasyMesh over Ethernet Backhaul.

Other Mesh Options: 

Option 1:  Deco mesh system supports Ethernet backhaul under both Wireless Router and Access Point modes.

Deco Ethernet Backhaul feature and Topology

Kindly note that the Deco system is different from TP-Link OneMesh >>> TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference?

Option 2:  OneMesh---Compatible Powerline devices if your house is under the same power circuit/under the same power meter

Some powerline products could build OneMesh through Ethernet & house Power line

Powerline units that supports OneMesh 
How to configure OneMesh with seamless roaming (Powerline Extender)

Related Articles:

Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh

How to build an Ethernet Backhaul using TP-Link EasyMesh Range Extenders

RE315 Supports EasyMesh Over Ethernet Backhaul

please advise,

Thanks  

Options
RE:Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode
2024-01-26 11:37:11
Please support Ethernet-Backhaul for the RE6000XD. Given its price point and capabilities, in my opinion, it should be a extender that should get this feature soon.
Options
RE:Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode
2024-01-26 13:43:03

@felichs 

Be realistic. This feature has been promised since 2021. And only one RE has received the update that enables this feature.

Options
2024-02-14 21:05:03

@Solla-topee why does the AX80 have this but not the AX90 - really, how hard is it - instead of wasting spend on developing new products and overpricing them, make the products you already sold work the way they were advertised

Options

Voters 121

+ 117 Voters