Tethering & Pairing TP Link MR3020

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-23 23:17:00 - last edited 2021-09-24 00:53:52
Model: TL-MR3020  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Has anyone else successfully paired the TP L ink MR3020 to an Inseego M2000? 

I tried for hours but to of no avail. This was tried in WISK and AP 

The website router login is the only way to manage the settings 

So the mifi hotspot is the only source of wifi thinking it should be a breeze. Yes I seen that it wasn't supported.

So using USB tethering, while switched on 3G/4G as I ran the set up and loaded all the data using a search tool; 

So I managed to use tethering mode to the inseego M2000. 

While it wasn't hard to charge from the router, but for the sake of internet access, you had to use strictly USB C . So the USB male side goes into the USB port on the router 

Thus the screen pops up for the selection and within seconds, the internet light comes on. 

One reason I bought it, was to maybe get wifi file explore via connected hard drive but haven't found any 3rd party apps that will show my hard drive, like say, if I wanted to use the router for networking only. 

Well the other obvious use for this, is to extend the coverage of the hotspot modem. Cause its not your typical coverage. Its the host and sole source of internet in my house. 

I got T Mobile and not interested in paying two sources of internet. 

But using USB C and the male and to the router works for tethering. Obviously the 3 foot usb cable isn't very long. 

So I buy a standard USB cable (male to male) thinking that i can convert the USB male to USB C male via OTG adapter.

Well it experimented with all sorts of combinations of adaptors but either my hotspot modem powered the router, or the router powered the modem.

Charging I got the modem to do; from numerous ways; but no data. 🙄. Boo. 

It turns out that only USB C cables will work for tethering. I have the USB coupler with two female ports and used a USB to USB C female adaptor in the route's USB port. And whala 

Now my desktop had the old school 802.11n and got a TP link usb thumb drive adaptor to upgrade the wifi connectivity. Intitially, one could NOT connect from my Windows 7 PC to the hotspot modem since its on wi-fi 6, or aka 802.11ax 

I had to turn off some settings on the hotspot to set up internet access , like the APN . Though it dumped my tablet offline, my phone still supported the older version. 

That was before the USB wifi adapter. This main article is to share knowledge and hopes it helps those who do not have a regular wifi network, but has data only; 

Later I.ll have coming, USB female to Ethernet , its just a tip thing that fits over USB male and perhaps this will support other modes. 

I know that using adaptors will loose the speed and data unless you buy OTG adaptors that converts USB C to micro and vice versa 

OTG is any accessory with USB female and the micro USB, USB C, or Apple's lightning cable . Thus not all devuces support it; debug mode must be on. 

If I can get this bad boy to run using wifi based explorer app, I won't need OTG that ties up charging. 

This router of course isn't supported by the app. But it works . 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1470

Replies: 0

Related Articles