Archer VR900 no Firmware update for over a year

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-25 08:36:37

I purchased an Archer VR900 in 2019 from Matrix. I noted that this router was capable of 1900mbs speed. I have been using that router for about 2 years or so and in that time I had 2 Firmware updates and nothing since. 

I noticed that the router did not even reach 80% of its capability of 1900mbps with my Gigabit line. The Max was between 500 - 600mbps only with all other devices disconnected. Otherwise it was on Max 367 - 375mbps.  

I am very disappointed with it and I had to unplug it and pack it away since I was no longer also able to connect to the 5Ghz band - and my iPhone was advising me of Security Issues as it only seems to have WPA/WPA2 only. Lan was working fine though, but to use this effectively you need both Lan and Wi fi working. 

My question though to TP Link is why were there no other firmware updates to this router?. I am comparing it to a Netgear product that I bought later in 2019 2 months after the Tp Link Router and to date I am still receiving Firmware updates on the Netgear and I get over 80% of the ISP speed. 

I hope that TP Link will read this and reply alternatively just double check their equipment ratings as customers pay handsomely when purchasing their equipment which carries limited warranty especially for my country. 

Regards Patrick 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 265

Replies: 0