When I connect a NAS Storage device to DECO E4 it is not recognised by the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

When I connect a NAS Storage device to DECO E4 it is not recognised by the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-25 10:58:15
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210330 Release 64251

I purchased a WD NAS MyCloud Home device and after connecting it to my DECO E4 , the NAS does not show up on the MY Computer on my PC

Options
4 Reply
Re:When I connect a NAS Storage device to DECO E4 it is not recognised by the network
2021-09-25 13:41:53 - last edited 2021-09-25 13:55:42

@SDEVA 

Do you see WD NAS MyCloud in Deco app as one of connected devices on Main Network? 

If you do, did you check WD FAQ "How to map a My Cloud or NAS device on Windows" for possible solutions, here is URL: https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9323

Options
Re:When I connect a NAS Storage device to DECO E4 it is not recognised by the network
2021-09-26 05:08:44 - last edited 2021-09-26 05:10:55

I do see it on the Deco App in the Network but I do not see My Cloud on the My Computer Network!! That is precisely the problem!!

Options
2021-09-26 06:19:22

@SDEVA 

Hi, maybe you could check whether the Windows  Network Discovery is enabled or not.

How to Enable Windows Network Discovery:https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13943

And I also see the following troubleshooting assistance and maybe It would provide some guidance:

My Cloud, My Cloud Home, or My Passport Wireless Not Detected on Windows 10 Network:https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3842

Options
2021-09-26 11:35:36

SDEVA wrote

I do see it on the Deco App in the Network but I do not see My Cloud on the My Computer Network!! That is precisely the problem!!

@SDEVA 

If you see My Cloud device in Deco app, it usually means the problem is elsewhere. Unless, of course, you used this My Cloud device before without Deco and it worked, now with Deco it does not.

The one other test you can do to verify if problem is or is not caused by Deco is to ping My Cloud device IP address from your Windows computer. You can find My Cloud device IP address in Deco app.

If ping is successful, it means Windows computer does see My Cloud device and networking link between them is open. Successful ping removes Deco from the list of suspects, with 99% certainty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 819

Replies: 5