some devices no longer seeing deko internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-07 00:21:08
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

searching the internet / forum came up blank on this one. We have had the units for 18ths. no problems. last night i changed the app login password (maybe relevant?). At some point during this afternoon, 2 devices (of 11) can no longer see the Deko internet. Both of which are samsung phones and both are teh only two to have the app and admin right to controlling the deko. To compound our misery, neither of us can recall our router login, thus, these two devises can no longer log onto the deko app to see what is going on. 

we have two deko,s, i  unplugged the main deko for two mins, all the other pc's/ tablets etc came back online, but not the two phones. We are also experiencing intermittent outages on certain other PC's/ devices but not others. Any advice or guidance most welcome. thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:some devices no longer seeing deko internet
2021-10-08 09:11:15

@jmc123 

Hi, first I will help you to get the login password back.

I see from the cloud server, the model number you have should be Deco P9.

And your TP-Link ID happens to be the same as your forum account.

On the log-in page of the Deco APP, there would be an option to forget the password and you could click it to reset the password.

(if you have already done that, please move on.)

After you could log into Deco APP, Please go to Deco APP>More>WI-FI>Network name(SSID), please check what is the name and password of the wireless network.

By the way, what are the exact model numbers and operating systems of the two phones?

Options
Re:some devices no longer seeing deko internet
2021-10-08 09:26:08

TP-Link wrote

@jmc123 

Hi, first I will help you to get the login password back.

I see from the cloud server, the model number you have should be Deco P9.

And your TP-Link ID happens to be the same as your forum account.

On the log-in page of the Deco APP, there would be an option to forget the password and you could click it to reset the password.

(if you have already done that, please move on.)

After you could log into Deco APP, Please go to Deco APP>More>WI-FI>Network name(SSID), please check what is the name and password of the wireless network.

By the way, what are the exact model numbers and operating systems of the two phones?

@TP-Link 

many thanks for the reply.

just tried login into deco on the phone and forget password but it asked me again for the password and then i get "no internet". can't get passed that. tried logging into the app from work yesterday but it wouldn't let me even though i had internet. We have a suspicion our teenage son may have plugged his chrome book directly into the deco and done something, (as he was blacklisted but miraculously now has internet!). have been advised to simply reset the deco. 

Not sure exactly what models the phones are, except Samsung and about 3-4 years old. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 250

Replies: 2