TP-Link T6E(EU) AC1300 5Ghz download speed goes only up to 100mbps, but upload speed is good.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link T6E(EU) AC1300 5Ghz download speed goes only up to 100mbps, but upload speed is good.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-08 12:38:25 - last edited 2021-10-12 18:26:21
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

TP-Link T6E(EU) AC1300 V2.

Problem: 5Ghz download speed goes only up to 100mbps, often times it's even lower - around 60mbps.

Here is speedtest result from my pc with T6E(EU) AC1300:

This one is from my phone taken right after pc:

Both tests are done from the same position. Signal strength is good enough. Here are numbers from WifiInfoView:

I was using Archer T6E(US)_V1&V2_200603_Win10 driver. I have also tried Archer T6E T9E_ASUS driver_7.35.351.0 driver, which was provided in another thread about slow speed. It did not fix the problem. Restarting PC also does not help. 

I think the adapter worked fine, when i first got it. But at some point the download speed got worse. I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, but that also did not help.

Anything else i can try to fix this? I can also provide more info, if needed.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link T6E(EU) AC1300 5Ghz download speed goes only up to 100mbps, but upload speed is good.-Solution
2021-10-12 03:42:31 - last edited 2021-10-12 18:26:21

Good day@TRPD , thank you for your detailed post. Here are some suggestion that you can give it a try: 

Try a different 5Ghz Wi-Fi channel on router, and set channel width to 80Mhz on 5Ghz.You may download WiFi analyzer app or software and select a relatively clean 5Ghz channel. 

Disable other network adapter on the T6E computer

Please check the 5Ghz Link speed on T6E computer and on the phone , can you share a photo of the link speed. 

( How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client ) https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/

If problem still exist, may I know the model of router, how long this adapter has stable speed with the same router did you recently adjust any WiFi settings on the router? 

Please help check the computer motherboard info and share to us, thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link T6E(EU) AC1300 5Ghz download speed goes only up to 100mbps, but upload speed is good.-Solution
2021-10-12 03:42:31 - last edited 2021-10-12 18:26:21

Good day@TRPD , thank you for your detailed post. Here are some suggestion that you can give it a try: 

Try a different 5Ghz Wi-Fi channel on router, and set channel width to 80Mhz on 5Ghz.You may download WiFi analyzer app or software and select a relatively clean 5Ghz channel. 

Disable other network adapter on the T6E computer

Please check the 5Ghz Link speed on T6E computer and on the phone , can you share a photo of the link speed. 

( How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client ) https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/

If problem still exist, may I know the model of router, how long this adapter has stable speed with the same router did you recently adjust any WiFi settings on the router? 

Please help check the computer motherboard info and share to us, thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP-Link T6E(EU) AC1300 5Ghz download speed goes only up to 100mbps, but upload speed is good.
2021-10-12 18:26:17
Thank you for reply! Did not think it would work, but changing channels fixed the problem. Now I am getting better download speed. Seems like T6E could be more sensitive to interference, than phone, even though channel analyzers show that there are not many 5Ghz stations around, especially in higher channel numbers. Now I am at channel 64 and everything looks good. Thank you once again!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2202

Replies: 2