Deco S4 Update to 1.5.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco S4 Update to 1.5.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco S4 Update to 1.5.0
Deco S4 Update to 1.5.0
2021-10-08 14:40:34
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Can anyone share their experiences when upgrading the Deco S4 to the new 1.5.0 firmware release ? Good , bad , no differences ? After seeing the note that this can't be downgraded , I don't want to take the leap without knowing what I'm in for . 

THANKS !

Options
12 Reply
Re:Deco S4 Update to 1.5.0
2021-10-14 06:31:52

@Blunn 

Hi, I think it is worth a try to update the firmware 1.5.0 since it does add some new features, and no matter what problems, you are always welcome to ask for assistance.

Thank you.

Options
2021-10-14 11:26:20

@Blunn 

I updated my S4 system earlier this year to 1.5.0. 
No problems at all. In fact, only anecdotally, I am sure performance is better than the original firmware the system came with. 

Options
2021-10-21 02:19:37

@Blunn it has been absouluely HORRIBLE! connection speeds at an 8th of what i am supposed to get with 1.5.0 i can't Get @TP_LINK to reply to any of my forum posts about it and i am about to box these things up and send them right back to amazon. 

Options
2021-10-21 03:04:38

@JoshY305Gaming 

Hi, I see you registered about half an hour ago and this is your first post, and I also checked our support email system, also no relative records, so I guess you haven’t been able to contact us before?

If you would like to share more details about your internet speed issue, I would love to provide any assistance.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-10-21 03:16:28

@TP-Link here you go.... I lost access to this account somehow. 

Options
2021-10-21 03:17:04
Logs are attached there too 👍🏻
Options
2021-10-21 08:07:50

@JoshY305Gaming 

Hi, I checked the previous record and you mentioned something like:

The Decos are being used as a mesh bridge to extend connection.

IE I tested while connected to the 5ghz on wireless and then I connected hardwired to the Deco. The Test while wireless was 295MBPS Down. The test while wired to the deco after the update was 52MBPS. Currently the deco is running 1.5.0 and I did a speed test before to verify a before and after to note any improvements/Deterioration. The test wired before the update was 193MBPS so still less than the original wireless speed but better than the speed of 1.5.0.

So could you please help me confirm the following details:

1. Is the operation mode of S4 Access point mode?—you could check it under Deco APP>More>advanced>operation mode.

2. What is the model number of your Spectrum modem and is it a modem router combo, or just a pure modem?

3. As for the speed test results, were you trying to say,  now the wireless speed of Deco is about 290m/s download, while the wired speed is only 52m/s? and before the 1.5.0 upgrade, the wired speed of Deco is 193m/s?

4. Did you test the speed when the client is connected to the main Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-10-21 12:01:16

@JoshY305Gaming 

just curious, do you have QoS setup in your Deco units ? I setup QoS one day and realized that my connection speed dropped dramatically at the device . It took me a bit to realize that QoS carves out a certain amount of bandwidth for each device you add to your QoS list . The 400 mbps at the gateway ended up as about 200 mbps when tested at the devices . Just to confirm, I removed the QoS  and once again saw 400 mbps when testing at the device .

I still haven't upgraded the firmware as I'm not experiencing an issues with my Deco units .

Options
2021-10-21 16:52:07

@Blunn okay so i had turned that off because of that issue. i tried to turn it on with no prevail. everytime i run a network "optimization" it tells me my network channel is "Clogged" which doesnt make sense because i make sure that things that do not require 5ghz are not on 5ghz. so im not sure what that is. i do see that TP Link released a hot patch for my complaint on the M6 i believe but not the S4 So could it be possible we have the same bug on older equipment?

Options
2021-10-21 17:14:50

TP-Link wrote

@JoshY305Gaming 

Hi, I checked the previous record and you mentioned something like:

The Decos are being used as a mesh bridge to extend connection.

IE I tested while connected to the 5ghz on wireless and then I connected hardwired to the Deco. The Test while wireless was 295MBPS Down. The test while wired to the deco after the update was 52MBPS. Currently the deco is running 1.5.0 and I did a speed test before to verify a before and after to note any improvements/Deterioration. The test wired before the update was 193MBPS so still less than the original wireless speed but better than the speed of 1.5.0.

So could you please help me confirm the following details:

1. Is the operation mode of S4 Access point mode?—you could check it under Deco APP>More>advanced>operation mode.

2. What is the model number of your Spectrum modem and is it a modem router combo, or just a pure modem?

3. As for the speed test results, were you trying to say,  now the wireless speed of Deco is about 290m/s download, while the wired speed is only 52m/s? and before the 1.5.0 upgrade, the wired speed of Deco is 193m/s?

4. Did you test the speed when the client is connected to the main Deco?

Thank you very much.

@TP-Link Spectrum Setup: Router: Commscope RAC2V1A Modem:Hitron E31N2V1

Deco is plugged directly into the router as the modem only has on Data output for the router and 2 voice outputs for a VOIP Phone which are not connected.

okay so i wanted to quote you here so i make sure i cover everything. The wireless test was performed on the originating wired router "Spectrum" First so that i can have a good base and see how much i am loosing to air. so that was 426 MBPS the second test was perfromed wireless straight to the spectrum modem which i preformed the test within 15 feet of the router and i preformed it on the 5ghz band. so that test originated 385 MBPS. The next test was on the Deco S4 Wired which was not the main so i was expecting a drop in speed as normal. This test was preformed on the previous version of sofware where the originating speeds were 285 MBPS so with everything performing as expected i decided to update my decos. after updating my Decos i preformed the same exact speed tests to test again. The 2 tests from the spectrum equipment was the same. However, the moment that i connected back to the Deco system my speeds were heavily reduced. Which is where i got the 52 MBPS speeds. So i tried everything from QOS to network Optimization to try to clean up this test with no prevail. So, i tried to roll back to the previous version which was not an option as it says that the version is "No Longer Valid". Now to explain how the Decos are in operation i have 3 placed in the home they are currently being used as a mesh bridge. with one in my master bedroom 25 Ft from the main which is in the living room and one in my guest bedroom/office placed at the opposite end of the house about 40 FT away. The main Deco is wired directly to the router with the provided cable that came with the kit and currently holds the IP of 192.168.1.2 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1825

Replies: 12

Related Articles