Deco S4 Update to 1.5.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco S4 Update to 1.5.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Deco S4 Update to 1.5.0
2021-10-22 08:42:55

@JoshY305 

Hi, thank you very much for the further information.

I made a rough picture of your case and hope you could check whether there is anything wrong.

Did you use the same SSID(wireless name) on the Spectrum router and Deco S4?

Since all satellite units get bandwidth from the main Deco S4, so I wonder have you checked the Ethernet speed from the main S4 as well?

Did its speed also drop a lot?

Sorry I might need to ask again for the operating mode, since it is said to be a mesh bridge, so I tend to think it is on access point mode. but you have mentioned QoS which is not available on access point mode. So, the Deco S4 is still on the wireless router with the same SSID as Spectrum, right?

Options
Re:Deco S4 Update to 1.5.0
2021-10-27 03:52:35

TP-Link wrote

@JoshY305 

I made a rough picture of your case and hope you could check whether there is anything wrong.

Since all satellite units get bandwidth from the main Deco S4, so I wonder have you checked the Ethernet speed from the main S4 as well?

Sorry I might need to ask again for the operating mode, since it is said to be a mesh bridge, so I tend to think it is on access point mode. but you have mentioned QoS which is not available on access point mode. So, the Deco S4 is still on the wireless router with the same SSID as Spectrum, right?

@TP-Link  okay yes sorry I've been out of town. Yes the photo is accurate.  So the tests for wireless are all preformed standing directly in front of main deco on the iPhone. I have one desktop wired to the guest bedroom deco the speeds are consistent with the wireless tests. The tests i preformed that were wired were my laptop in the master bedroom and the desktop in the guest. The master preformed around 50-60MBPS and the guest was roughly 30-40 MBPS. It's currently in bridge mesh mode with QoS disabled. 

TP-Link wrote

@JoshY305 

Options
Related Articles