Will this router work for me?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-09 01:58:20
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am currently running Asus AC 87U router and in need to replace it. Small background on my network, i have in total 40 smart home devices mainly consisting with smart light switches around the house. Smart tv's which stream everything and 3 desktop computers. I am also running AP so not everything is connected to Asus router directly.

I been looking around and looking at AX50, is that something that will work for me or should i be looking at something like AX6000? I have no need for actually 8 ports as i am using a hub which gets connected to the Asus router.

TIA

Options
3 Reply
Re:Will this router work for me?
2021-10-10 17:03:50

@Silentlooker 

Dont buy a tp Link AX6000.

Ive had about 6 routers over 20 years of PC gaming and this one has given me the most issues ever,

Every firmware update breaks something new and fixes something old.

Ill personally never buy from this company again.  

For example i flashed to the latest firmware suggested by my router "improving wireless stability" and somewhere it put AP mode on again 

so none of my Google Homes could talk to each other. No casting or streaming.

THis was also one of the original problems i had over a year ago, which was fixed with a beta firmware.

THeres already a V2 of the router out now so i guess they ditched 1 for being rubbish...

It cost about $400.. ridiculous price 

Options
2021-10-10 20:16:55
Thanks for the information. I guess i will be looking at something else.
Options
2021-10-11 03:01:55

@Efour 

Are you running the latest Archer AX6000(EU)_V1_210719 version? Before this firmware update, were you able to use Google Homes properly? What if you try to downgrade to the previous Archer AX6000(EU)_V1_210511? We would like to help locate the issue if you are willing to.

Options