Desktop lan internet to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-11 00:10:03 - last edited 2021-10-13 01:22:46
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.4.16

My office desktop computer have internet via lan. But i want to shift that internet to wifi by using tplink router. I have put all the settings which our IT has done in lan page into wan page of tplink router but still my router is not providing me internet. Our IT people has also set some setting in internet explorer in Proxy setting. I don't know what to do for using it on wifi. Kindly help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Desktop lan internet to wifi-Solution
2021-10-12 08:36:20 - last edited 2021-10-13 01:22:46

@Kashii 

Firstly, you need to find out what kind of settings are required to be done on the computer when it is plugged into the LAN directly, is it PPPoE or dynamic? Confirm this with the IT guy or your Internet Provider.

Then you can copy the same settings into the WR840N WAN. If your provider provides a PPPoE connection, follow this guide to do the same on the WR840N:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/618/

If the light does light up but it is red/orange, try this.

If this does not help either, please provide more details and pictures of your setup so we can try to help further.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Desktop lan internet to wifi-Solution
2021-10-12 08:36:20 - last edited 2021-10-13 01:22:46

@Kashii 

Firstly, you need to find out what kind of settings are required to be done on the computer when it is plugged into the LAN directly, is it PPPoE or dynamic? Confirm this with the IT guy or your Internet Provider.

Then you can copy the same settings into the WR840N WAN. If your provider provides a PPPoE connection, follow this guide to do the same on the WR840N:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/618/

If the light does light up but it is red/orange, try this.

If this does not help either, please provide more details and pictures of your setup so we can try to help further.

Recommended Solution
Options
Thanks
2021-10-12 15:55:20

@Kevin_Z thanks alot

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 2

Related Articles