Can I use my AC1200 Archer C6 to share my mobile data if main source modem has no connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I use my AC1200 Archer C6 to share my mobile data if main source modem has no connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-15 03:55:19
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 2020902 rel.65591(4555)

Hello,

I just want to know if I can use my Archer C6 to share internet from my cellphone's mobile data via hotspot to the router? Sometimes main source ( isp modem) loses connection and I would like to use my mobile data temporarily to provide internet service to the router specially to those connected in LAN. I just want to know if there's a way. Been watching some vids and I don't see the "repeater mode" and SSID source input that they are setting up. If it's possible please do share with me the step by step procedure to do so.

Thank You. :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use my AC1200 Archer C6 to share my mobile data if main source modem has no connection?
2021-10-15 08:55:04

@Lanthanide020 

The Archer C6 is mainly designed to be working as a wireless router, we will not know if you can use it to repeat the signal from the mobile phone's hotspot, especially when the hotspot gets limited settings.

However, you can follow the guide below to enable WDS bridging on the Archer C6 to see if it will work with your phone's hotspot:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1447

Replies: 1