Mixing Deco Products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mixing Deco Products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mixing Deco Products
Mixing Deco Products
2021-10-15 04:43:05 - last edited 2021-10-18 02:49:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Sorry if this is a duplicate question, I can't find other questions like this one.

I have an existing Deco M5 Mesh, but I want to add a Deco E4 for a guest room.  I do know this should work based on the marketing materials of the Deco brand. My question is if in terms of the Deco feature set, will I be downgraded? Would I lose HomeCare if the M5 is still the main unit and the E4 will be a satellite?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Mixing Deco Products-Solution
2021-10-17 08:05:37 - last edited 2021-10-18 02:49:27

Found an older answer, finally! Seems like features will be downgraded if using different (and lower) types of Deco mesh devices.  Hope this helps other folks searching for the same topic.

Note: When building a Deco network with different models, some features will disappear if one of the Deco units doesn’t support them. For example, if Deco M5 supports Fast Roaming while Deco M3W does not, then the Fast Roaming feature will disappear if you add the M3W unit into the M5 network. But don’t worry, these features will be added in future firmware updates.

Source: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2248/

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Mixing Deco Products-Solution
2021-10-17 08:05:37 - last edited 2021-10-18 02:49:27

Found an older answer, finally! Seems like features will be downgraded if using different (and lower) types of Deco mesh devices.  Hope this helps other folks searching for the same topic.

Note: When building a Deco network with different models, some features will disappear if one of the Deco units doesn’t support them. For example, if Deco M5 supports Fast Roaming while Deco M3W does not, then the Fast Roaming feature will disappear if you add the M3W unit into the M5 network. But don’t worry, these features will be added in future firmware updates.

Source: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2248/

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Mixing Deco Products
2021-10-18 02:50:24

@kerykeion 

More information:

Homecare is still available as long as Deco M5 is the main unit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 2

Related Articles