Force connection to Main Deco over PLC?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-15 11:13:18
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 20201228 Rel 55057

I would like to force both of my two satellite deco P9's to connect to the main unit over PLC. This is because I am experiencing stability issues with connecting to a satellite unit. Typically it goes as follows:

Main unit - devices are fine, no drop outs. 

First satellite unit (connected to main unit) - same, all fine, no drop outs

Second satellite unit (connected to satellite unit) - bad, drops out occasionally (every few minutes) with flashing red light on unit.

I hadn't realized this until I had started to use the second unit in earnest, and those dropouts kill any use of VOIP, for example. 

Am hoping there is a solution

Kind Regards

Nick

Options
5 Reply
Re:Force connection to Main Deco over PLC?
2021-10-16 00:33:44 - last edited 2021-10-16 00:34:00

@NickBB 

Have you tried the following test: power off First satellite unit and see if Second satellite unit can actually connect to Main unit using powerline?

You may find that Second satellite unit does not see Main unit through powerline and uses WiFi for backhaul instead, or just can't connect to Main at all.

If Second unit can connect to Main through powerline, run it that way for some time, with First satellite still off, to test stability of connection.

Options
2021-10-18 06:24:46

@NickBB 

Hi, if possible, please also try to install the following firmware to see whether it helped or not.

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202106/20210628/Deco_P9_V1_V2_1.1.3_20210616_Backhaul.zip

Options
2021-10-22 09:23:56

@TP-Link 

Thanks for this. I've installed a few days ago and everything seems far more stable. Why is this not available when searching for firmware updates directly? 

All the best, 

Nick

Options
2021-10-27 12:53:38

@TP-Link When will the new firmware officailly be available?
I also have stabillity issues which I would not expect when the powerline backhaul would be working fine - I'll try the beta firmware for now.

Options
2021-10-28 06:53:14

@Peter.vD 

Hi, as for the ETA of the firmware, I am afraid there is no further information available.

But I would highly appreciate it if you could let me know whether the beta firmware is working or not.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 894

Replies: 5