Slow download/upload speed on Archer C7 v5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-19 20:34:46
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 build 20210519 rel.50598

Hello, I have an issue with my Archer C7 v5.0 which is running the latest build 1.1.3 build 20210519 rel.50598 where download/upload speed are lower than what they should. I have a fiber connection with 650 mbps speed and the maximum speed I get when I am connect to the router is 450 mbps for download and 350 for upload whether it is running in router or access point mode and even when I disabled parental control and QoS also when I tried all possible 5ghz channels. Please note that I get the full speed when I use the cable.  The Wifi is unstable in general and sometimes I see packet loss when I am testing the speed. Please help me fix this issue

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow download/upload speed on Archer C7 v5
2021-10-27 09:41:11

@Morpheus83 

Do you mean you can get a normal download and upload speed when you connect the computer to the Archer C7 with an Ethernet cable? Please check this first.

Follow the guide below to check and confirm if the QoS settings on the C7 is configured correctly, you can try to disable it if necessary:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3069/

Just to confirm, what kind of wireless devices you are testing the 5G connection with the C7, can we have the brand and model of it? If it is a computer, we would like to know the model of it, please ensure it is running with the latest driver, thanks.

You can also check and modify the 5G wireless settings on the C7, you can check that by installing an app like Wi-Fi Analyzer on your phone or laptop and test, then set a channel with less congestion according to the test results on the C7, and change the channel width for the 5GHz to 80MHz, reboot the C7 and reconnect to the network then conform. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1000

Replies: 1