Deco app no longer able to "find deco" after IP range change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-19 22:21:21 - last edited 2021-10-27 01:36:37
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have configured a Deco mesh with 4 devices to give full coverage to my home. I have configured it using Access Point mode.

Initially, the main router was setup with the 192.168.1.x range, and everything worked fine and I was able to use the Deco app on my phone.

Due to some specific configuration requirements I had to change my network IP range to 10.21.172.x, to which the mesh responded fine. Everything kept working fine after the change. Everything... but the app.

When I try to use the app, it just shows a message stating:

"We couldn't find Deco.
Something went wrong with the Cloud service. Please try again.

If you are still unsuccessful after several attempts, connect to your Deco's Wi-Fi network and then try again."

I am connected to my Deco's Wi-Fi and I still get the same message every time. After tapping "try again" just I get a vanishing message stating "Couldn't connect to this Deco network."

I have tried all the bullet points presented on the help section, including reinstalling the app.

So, my question is... is there any way to restore access to the app without resetting the entire mesh and reconfigure it all from scratch?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco app no longer able to "find deco" after IP range change-Solution
2021-10-26 10:42:36 - last edited 2021-10-27 01:36:37

@TP-Link Hey,

Sorry, just tried your solution. It seems to have worked properly after turning the main off for 3 minutes then changing the password.

I'm guessing it should now show up as online on your end.

I think people reading this might miss the private conversation:

1. I was able to login to the web ui using the old password.
2. Restored the old password as my account's password and the Deco app started working fine. Changing the password to something else would not work.
3. Unplugged the main Deco for 3 minutes, then plugged it back in and waited for the mesh to be back online.

4. Opened the app and changed the password and the Deco app kept working fine with the new password this time.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco app no longer able to "find deco" after IP range change
2021-10-20 03:30:38

@KTachyon 

Hi, I see from the cloud server that all your Deco M4 are offline, and may I know what color of the LED on the M4, still solid white?

Are you still able to get internet service from M4?

By the way, are you able to log into the web UI via new LAN IP 10.21.172.xxx?

Options
2021-10-20 08:47:34

@TP-Link 

All devices show solid white and I'm still getting internet service without any issues.

I tried to login, but it keeps saying that the password is incorrect. Is it a locally stored password? I have reset my password yesterday.

Options
2021-10-20 12:12:52

@KTachyon 

Hi, No there is no locally stored password.

How about resetting again and setting up a simple password only with numbers and letters, no $ or # something like this?

Options
2021-10-20 15:41:09

@TP-Link 

Just tried that, still shows incorrect password.

Options
2021-10-21 02:41:34

@KTachyon 

Hi, have you tried to log into the Deco APP over 3/4G mobile data?

And Can I have a screenshot of the error message when it kept saying incorrect password?

Options
2021-10-21 08:16:01

@TP-Link Yeah, over mobile I still get the same:

This is the webpage I'm getting the incorrect password on:

Options
2021-10-26 10:20:37

@KTachyon 

Hi, did you get my private message?

May I know if you have got your issue fixed?

Options
Re:Deco app no longer able to "find deco" after IP range change-Solution
2021-10-26 10:42:36 - last edited 2021-10-27 01:36:37

@TP-Link Hey,

Sorry, just tried your solution. It seems to have worked properly after turning the main off for 3 minutes then changing the password.

I'm guessing it should now show up as online on your end.

I think people reading this might miss the private conversation:

1. I was able to login to the web ui using the old password.
2. Restored the old password as my account's password and the Deco app started working fine. Changing the password to something else would not work.
3. Unplugged the main Deco for 3 minutes, then plugged it back in and waited for the mesh to be back online.

4. Opened the app and changed the password and the Deco app kept working fine with the new password this time.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 981

Replies: 8

Related Articles