AC1750 loses connection with Wifi when moved to where old (working) Tp-Link Extender was located.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC1750 loses connection with Wifi when moved to where old (working) Tp-Link Extender was located.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-20 16:15:56
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

No surprise it could not find my model. AC1750

Shipping label printed for return but I thought I would make one more attempt.

Installation worked but as soon as I moved the new wifi extender to where the old one was located (with a much lower range), the app could not find the device.

Options
5 Reply
Re:AC1750 loses connection with Wifi when moved to where old (working) Tp-Link Extender was located.
2021-10-21 09:20:30

Hello @Joybell 

If Tether APP could not find range extender, connect phone to Extender's WiFi and refresh the APP.  It is suggested to set up a different SSID  from router's for range extender in setup process. 

How about the LED status on the RE after the installation, and how about the Leds when it is being relocated? 

• If the signal LEDs/ WiFi Leds does not light up, RE probably lose connection due to weak signal, how far from router and extender?
  • If signal LEDs/ Wi-Fi Leds, range extender has connected to router successfully,  could connect to RE's SSID and check internet. 

The model number starts RE- on the sticker of AC1750, do you use RE450? 

Options
Re:AC1750 loses connection with Wifi when moved to where old (working) Tp-Link Extender was located.
2021-10-21 12:31:14

@Solla-topee Yes, all LED lights were functioning, but the app could not find the extender when I moved it to its new location (same location as the old extender). The old extender was unplugged and removed, so I did not think it was necessary to change the SSID beause there would be no interferance. I do not know how to set up a different SSID anyway since there are no instructions included. How do I do that?

Options
2021-10-21 13:09:32
Sorry, yes RE450
Options
2021-10-21 13:35:35
If setting up a different SSID will involve resetting all the security cameras located under eaves of the roof of the house, that is not an option. The only reason I wanted to replace the old TP-Link range extender is because I wanted to add another security camera to the workshop.
Options
2021-10-22 06:38:14

@Joybell How about the Led on range extender now, I mean you could set up a different a SSID for range extender temporarily( not router's ) so you could check if the RE's SSID has Internet or not. The WiFI name/ SSID could be changed easily through Tether app later. 

Options