RE200 problem with wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE200 problem with wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE200 problem with wifi
RE200 problem with wifi
2021-10-21 11:29:37
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone, 

I have a problem with the wifi Extender RE200. 

I have the Vodafone station revolution router, and it works fine, the connection has been established via WPS, and I'm able to use the extended network. 

The problem is that after a while (some hours usually) the repeater (and its extended network) seems unable to reach internet. 

From the router control panel the repeater seems connected, and the principale wifi works, so it's not a problem of the router. 

When this happens the green light of the wifi on the repeater turns red. On the guide ii checked this state and it says to try to move it closer to the router, done, it's closer and in this position the signal is very good, no other device in this position have the same problem. 

Some idea? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE200 problem with wifi
2021-10-25 06:50:49

Good day@RicoPallazzo 

Thank you for your detailed post, please confirm your RE200 is with the latest firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/range-extender/re200/

- When  'green light of the wifi on the repeater turns red' , does the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz leds are still on on your RE? 

If all the Leds are ON on the RE, but Internet drops, please refer Case1 in below thread, try to set static IP , and manually set up DHCP settings on the range extender : 

[Troubleshooting] Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/272398

- For 'From the router control panel the repeater seems connected, ' do you mean you could still see range extender's IP on router's Client list? May I know  the model of your router? 

Options
Re:RE200 problem with wifi
2021-10-25 11:32:53
I'm sure the firmware is uptadet to the last version. When drop the 2,4 and 5 ghz are still on (green) On the router (vodafone station revolution) i see that the repeater is still connected On the pc "network" panel i see that the problem is "this computer does not have a proper ip address"
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 610

Replies: 2

Related Articles