After simultaneous restart of both fiber modem and router, router looses internet (PPPOE connection)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

After simultaneous restart of both fiber modem and router, router looses internet (PPPOE connection)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-22 08:28:27
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I get my internet through a fiber modem with PPPoE connection in the router. I have been using TP-Link archer C9 router in this setup for few years now. It would connect to internet even after a power fluctuation or a power failure. It has been very solid

I am upgrading to a Deco X60 now and i have a problem. Everything works fine until there is a power fluctuation where both modem and router restarts together. The router does not get internet after the power fluctuation where when both modem and X60 restarts together 

I have to ensure that my modem has completely turned on and only then I have to restart only the X60 router and only then it gets internet.

I have tried to

1. reset the device

2. switched to other decos and made them primary

3. recreated the network

4. Changed the modem to router Lan cable

But the issue persists. 

I think the issue here is that, after the power fluctuation the X60 tries to make to PPPoE connection only once, and since the modem is not ready yet, it displays red light and does not proceed to retry. 

In Archer C9, there is an option, "detect online interval : 10 (default)" which would retry to make the internet connection every 10 seconds when it does not detect internet. I do not see similar option in Deco X60. 

This is a major issue for me since there are lot of power failures and fluctuations where i live.

File:
log-2021-02-04.logDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:After simultaneous restart of both fiber modem and router, router looses internet (PPPOE connection)
2021-10-26 08:34:10

@Kevin_Z  Can you please help?

Options
Re:After simultaneous restart of both fiber modem and router, router looses internet (PPPOE connection)
2021-10-27 01:59:07

@samjag 

Hi, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers, and could you please help me check the following details as well:

1.May I know who is your internet service provider?

2.And what is the model number of your ISP modem?

3.After the modem is fully recovered and main Deco is still red, could you please send me a screen-shot of the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP?

4.By the way, if not restarting the Deco, would unplugging/plugging the internet cable between Deco and modem restore the connection?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-10-27 07:32:01

@TP-Link Thank you for looking into this. 

1. Internet service provider: railwire (india)

2. Model number of the modem: ZyXEL Communications ONU-6100B-22

3. Attaching the screenshot below. This is when after the modem is fully recovered and main Deco is still red

4. YES. unplugging/plugging the internet cable between Deco and modem restores the connection (green). 

Options
2021-10-28 03:36:21

@samjag 

Thank you very much and your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers.

Please refer to the email for further assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 509

Replies: 4