Ikea Tradfri not connecting since installation of Deco M5 with TL-SG105PE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-23 15:04:16 - last edited 2021-11-08 01:45:58
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.9.24

A few months back I've installed two Deco M5's to create two separate networks in my home. One network is set up for my appartment and the other is set up as the network of a studio I rent out to someone else. 

​​​​​​The internet connection through the M5's works great in both places, so that's working fine. 

in my appartment I had a few smart devices before installing the M5's: some Philips Hue devices, some Google Nest devices and Ikea Tradfri devices. Everything worked on my normal network. When putting the M5 inbetween, the Philips Hue and Google Nest worked fine. But the Ikea Tradfri is another story. I'm not able to connect the Tradfri in my Ikea Smart home app and because of that, I'm not able to connect it to my Google Assistent either. The following image is how my network is set up at my place . Not included in the diagram is the second Deco M5, which is also connected tot the providers router, but parallel to the Deco M5 that is pictured below.

I've searched on Reddit and the Ikea support pages, but no luck so far. My Ikea Tradfri only lights up two of the three LED lights, but I've found nothing so far about this specific combination or why the third LED is not lighting up.. 

Any suggestions about what might be going wrong here? 

Thanks a lot! 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ikea Tradfri not connecting since installation of Deco M5 with TL-SG105PE-Solution
2021-10-26 09:27:38 - last edited 2021-11-08 01:45:58

@JM123 

Hi, the third light is the middle internet light, right?

Did you see the related port-light on the switch lit up? And would changing another port on the switch make any difference?

Or will it light up if connecting Ikea to the Deco directly, temporarily removing the switch for a while?

https://www.techsolutions.support.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-an-ikea-tradfri-gateway-12007#:~:text=How%20to%20Set%20Up%20an%20IKEA%20Tradfri%20Gateway,Add%20More%20Devices%20or%20Finish%20the%20Setup.%20

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Ikea Tradfri not connecting since installation of Deco M5 with TL-SG105PE-Solution
2021-10-26 09:27:38 - last edited 2021-11-08 01:45:58

@JM123 

Hi, the third light is the middle internet light, right?

Did you see the related port-light on the switch lit up? And would changing another port on the switch make any difference?

Or will it light up if connecting Ikea to the Deco directly, temporarily removing the switch for a while?

https://www.techsolutions.support.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-an-ikea-tradfri-gateway-12007#:~:text=How%20to%20Set%20Up%20an%20IKEA%20Tradfri%20Gateway,Add%20More%20Devices%20or%20Finish%20the%20Setup.%20

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Ikea Tradfri not connecting since installation of Deco M5 with TL-SG105PE
2021-11-21 12:38:24

@TP-Link Hi!

The LED that's not lighting up, is the top light with network sign. It is connected via LAN cable to the TP link switch. Connecting it directly to the Deco doesn't change anything. I tried switching the ports as well, with no other result. 

Options
2021-11-22 08:23:57

@JM123 

Hi,

Have you seen the user manual and what does this light stand for?

When I checked the manual, it seemed like as long as the cable is properly connected to the router, all 3 lights would light up.

And would you please connect the Ikea gateway via cable to one of the satellite Deco units to see if there is any difference?

By the way, before you use Deco, Did the Ikea gateway work with the old router?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-29 16:15:41

@TP-Link 

I did check the user manual, but there s no real explanation for this light not turning on. The manual (and steps in the app) show a few possibilities of what could go wrong, but none where this LED is not lighting up. 

A mentioned in my previous answer: connecting it to the Deco (without the switch), didn't change anything for that third light.

The Tradfri gateway worked fine before installing the Deco router and TP-link switch, the issue only started after putting it behind the TP-link switch. 

Options
2021-11-30 06:56:10

@JM123 

Hi, thank you very much for getting back to me.

Would you please do me a favor to check the Ikea support what it means if the last light is off?

Since Philips hue is ok, at least the hardware of Deco and switch are fine. Maybe there are some additional configurations required for the Ikea Tradfri gateway?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 864

Replies: 5