How to Interpret Hardware Version of Boxed/Sealed Router Before Purchasing?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-24 23:58:52 - last edited 2021-11-05 12:47:36

After much research I’m about to purchase a TP-Link Archer C4000 router - my first TP-Link product.

I understand where to find the hardware version on the underside of a router, however I would like to know how to ascertain this from an unboxed & still-sealed item please?

I assume the boxes are sealed in plastic?

How do I understand how long the retailer has had the item in stock etc?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to Interpret Hardware Version of Boxed/Sealed Router Before Purchasing?-Solution
2021-11-04 11:35:10 - last edited 2021-11-05 12:47:36

@Dalida 

There will be no way to know the hardware version before you get the actual router at hand from my understanding. Amazon will not give you an answer about it either I guess.

While there is no big difference between the C4000 V2 and V3, the basic functions and features are the same, we generally update the package and product label to mark the package or production revision.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to Interpret Hardware Version of Boxed/Sealed Router Before Purchasing?-Solution
2021-11-04 11:35:10 - last edited 2021-11-05 12:47:36

@Dalida 

There will be no way to know the hardware version before you get the actual router at hand from my understanding. Amazon will not give you an answer about it either I guess.

While there is no big difference between the C4000 V2 and V3, the basic functions and features are the same, we generally update the package and product label to mark the package or production revision.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 170

Replies: 1

Related Articles