Main deco shutting down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Main deco shutting down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Main deco shutting down
Main deco shutting down
2021-10-25 00:16:14
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Bought my decos in December. Now my main deco will shut down randomly, killing the wifi in the whole house. I will unplug and plug it back, it will run fine for 5 Minutes then shut down again. Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Is it overheating?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Main deco shutting down
2021-10-25 12:09:54 - last edited 2021-10-25 12:10:52

@Pascalywood 

Hi, when you noticed the Deco shuts itself down, will you see the LED light turn off? and didn’t come on until you unplug it and plug it back?

Will swapping the power adapter with one of the satellite Deco make any difference?

And Could you please send me a picture of the bottom label of this unit?

Options
2021-10-25 20:40:44

@TP-Link 

Hi, the LED was turned off when I noticed the wifi went down. I unplugged and plugged it back, didnt fix the issue. I let it sit outside for a few minutes and plugged it back in and it turned on, only to die a few minutes later. Now i have a fan blowing on it at all times, which is not satisfactory. I will send a pic later.

Options
2021-10-25 20:43:36
Options
2021-10-26 10:29:57

@Pascalywood 

Hi, may I know where did you put the Deco X20?

Have you roughly measured the temperature of X20 since comparing with the hardware design of Deco M5/M9/P7, the heat dissipation on Deco X20 has been improved a lot.

By the way, would there be any change after swapping the power adapter?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-10-26 19:21:13

@TP-Link 

The deco is on the floor of a room kept at 20 degrees celsius on the second floor of my house, now with a fan blasting at it all day. Didnt fix the issue as the main deco now just died again randomly. I grabbed it and it was not warm to the touch, so I dont think overheating is the issue. I swapped the power adapter and its still dead. I cant say about the M5/M9/P7 as I have never used them.

Overall not impressed.

Options
2021-10-27 01:04:49

@Pascalywood 

Thank you very much for the detailed information.

In this way, we would like to follow up on your case by email and help you replace the kit.

Please refer to the email for further assistance.

Options
2022-02-16 17:43:07

@TP-Link  my deco M5 is facing the exactly problem described.

How can we fix this??

Options
2022-02-17 03:20:14

@Rafael_R 

Hi, is it only the main Deco that had this randomly power-off issue?

Have you tried to do a factory reset on this unit?

In case it is a power supply issue, are you able to plug this Deco unit somewhere else?

By the way, how often did this issue repeat?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 1723

Replies: 8

Related Articles