Parental Control Insight is not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-25 02:27:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.9.44

The PC is assigned to a profile under Parent Controls.  While this PC has connected to Internet for more than 6 hours, the Isngihts in the profile shows 21 mins.  The History only provide part of the apps and websites access.  

Can you please fix the APPs or Firmware to make the Parental Control work.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental Control Insight is not working
2021-10-25 12:04:27

@Parents_distres 

Hi, could you please send some screen-shots about the online time and insight>history?

By the way, did it only happen only once?

Have you checked whether the TV is on standby mode sometimes?

Options
2021-10-26 01:20:11

@TP-Link 

It happened all the time. I blocked some VPN APPs and websites.  But the filter doesn't work.  My son has been on this PC many hours a day but it shows 'spent online' less than 1 hour every day.  The history only records first few websites and then stoped.  I have been blocked the device and unblocked it serverl times a day to see if the filter will eventually work.  It is losing battle after so many months.

Options
2021-10-26 07:05:14 - last edited 2021-10-26 07:14:16

@Parents_distres 

Hi, I see you started a new post and it is the VPN that made the online time far less than the real online time, right?

Can you Filter IP addresses

Since when device is connected to VPN, the internet data will go through the VPN tunnel, not through Deco anymore and also will not be captured by parental control.

You could try to click the OpenVPN history on the insight, then you will see an option"Block for xxx".

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-10-26 18:02:46

@TP-Link 

Hi, I have blocked the VPN/Websites from Insight but Deco App doesn't block it.  The PC can still connet to the VPNs that supposed to be blocked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 821

Replies: 4

Related Articles