can't connect to extender wi-fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-25 19:25:59 - last edited 2021-10-25 19:32:04
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

hello,

i bought the extender a week ago and he worked great up until now, today i connected the extender closer to my pc in order to connect it to my pc by cable, and then everything started to go down, after an hour or so when i reconnected it to the original place and tried to connect via wi-fi it didnt let me, i tried to unplug and plug it again but it still does the same problem, it lets me see the wifi for the first 1 minute and then it suddenly dissapeares, i tried reconnect the extender to my pc in order to give it a factory reset but it didnt help as well, i don't know what to do, please help me.

by the way, the power, connectivity and 5G LED's are on, and i can't connect even when i connect it via ethernet cable to my pc, i get internet for the first 2 minutes and then it's gone

Options
1 Reply
Re:can't connect to extender wi-fi
2021-10-28 03:43:33

Hello @Gross  

You could factory reset extender and install it from scratch: 
RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most Leds flash once. 
Later please follow the instructions here to set up range extender :
(How to configure Range Extender via Tether APP)https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/357/
(How to configure my range extender via web GUI to extend an existing wireless network's coverage)https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1400/

Can I have a photo of the Leds on RE200 if the issue persists, after factory reset did you see range extender default SSID, TP-Link Range exteder _XXX? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 1

Related Articles