"Unable to connect to this network"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-26 01:25:49 - last edited 2021-11-12 09:15:25
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TL-WA850RE(US)_V2_171228

I configured my TL-WA850RE using the TP-link Tether App because I'm unable to access the web manager and I don't have an ethernet cable.

Initially, I'm able to surf the internet, but then after 5 - 10 minutes, I'm unable to surf the internet. The RE and signal strength lights are on and solid.

I get the message "unable to connect to this network" when I try to connect to the RE. The RE is connected to a Huawei B535-932 Router.

Please help!

Options
5 Reply
Re:"Unable to connect to this network"
2021-10-28 02:54:13

Hello @tp-go-improve 

May I know when did you purchase this range extender, have TL-WA850RE work fine with the router before ?

You could try to switch of '5Ghz preferred'  option  (similar to 'Band Steering' mentioned in guide below)on Huawei Router,  here is guide found online: https://service.dsltelecom.co.za/portal/en/kb/articles/how-to-change-your-wireless-network-name-and-password-b535

Try to set up a static IP on tp-link range extender as Case 1 in below thread,

[Troubleshooting] Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection

Options
2021-10-28 10:13:33 - last edited 2021-11-12 09:15:25

@Solla-topee 

I realized that the problem is that my IP address periodically changes due to the ISP contract I'm on.

When I turn the RE off, then on, it gets the new IP address and I'm able to surf the internet. However, doing this every 10 minutes is not practical.

Is there a way to set up the range extender so that it keeps up with the changing IP address?

Options
2021-10-28 10:55:16 - last edited 2021-10-28 10:55:31

@tp-go-improve 

If router could work stably, even the ISP given IP address (to router) changed, that should not affect the range extender. 

If you want to range extender to use a fixed IP, you could try to set up static IP as suggested above, or reserve an IP address for extender's Mac address on router. 

Options
2021-10-29 16:07:21

@Solla-topee 

I followed your above instructions for Case 1, but the RE is still doing the same thing. It disconnects from the internet and when I try to reconnect to it it gives the error message "Unable to connect to this network".

What else can I try?

Options
2021-11-03 07:37:17

Hello, @tp-go-improve Can I know how long this extender has been working with the router? If extender has been worked fine for a long time, it could be  a faulty extender, and I suggest contacting local retailer or local support to  get it replaced if it is still in warranty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 647

Replies: 5

Related Articles