Can't connect to this network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-26 13:48:52 - last edited 2021-10-26 13:50:25
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Set it up through WPS successfully and when I try to connect to the _ext network it just throws the "Can't connect to this network" error, on the phone it just says incorrect password. If I use the wrong password on purpose on PC it won't even try to connect and outright says "incorrect password" instead of the unable to connect error. Weird.

At any rate if your reply is to advise me to use the app don't bother - any other solutions are acceptable. If there aren't any then I'm returning this.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't connect to this network
2021-10-28 03:28:49 - last edited 2021-10-28 03:31:12

@munro-pt 

May I know the model of your Wi-Fi router?

You could to forget router's Wi-Fi on the Mobile phone and reconnect it ,this is to make sure Wi-Fi password still works on other devices. 

• Go to Settings→ Wi-Fi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's Wi-Fi name  →Forget / Delete the network 

Please reconnect to your router Wi-Fi it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

• Later  factory reset the range extender go Setup through Web page. 

RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most LEDs flash once. 

If very few cases, router's password changed in WPS process,and to tell if router's password becomes a random long wifi password, you could download Tether app and check the Range extender's password :  Why is my main router’s wireless password changed after using WPS to setup the Range Extender?

Options
2021-11-02 21:32:33 - last edited 2021-11-02 21:34:03

Solla-topee wrote

@munro-pt 

May I know the model of your Wi-Fi router?

You could to forget router's Wi-Fi on the Mobile phone and reconnect it ,this is to make sure Wi-Fi password still works on other devices. 

• Go to Settings→ Wi-Fi on your phone, Tap (or Long press  the router's Wi-Fi name  →Forget / Delete the network 

Please reconnect to your router Wi-Fi it will ask for a password, will it accept your router password?

technicolor tg784n; Can confirm the same password still works for the router.

Solla-topee wrote

• Later  factory reset the range extender go Setup through Web page. 

RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most LEDs flash once. 

Don't I need to be connected to the extender's wi-fi to access the web page in the first place?

Options
2021-11-03 01:24:29 - last edited 2021-11-03 01:25:35

Hello @munro-pt 

Thank you for your detailed information, your case seems to be related to WPS process mentioned in FAQ I posted above.

After factory reset, range extender's default SSID will become an open network again which does not require a Wi-Fi password, so you could connect to extender's WiFi then later login its Web page. Or you could try to set it up through Tether app. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 722

Replies: 3

Related Articles