Heavy Packet Loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Heavy Packet Loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Heavy Packet Loss
Heavy Packet Loss
2021-10-28 08:28:08
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

First time poster, I will try to be accurate.

Had my A7 for 2 months and it's connected to a ECI BT OpenReach modem and wireless speeds are OK.  Broadcast on 2.4 and 5 GhZ channel with a RE220 on the first floor as an extender.  Firmware is up to date on A7 and RE220.

However, a broadband speed test reveal packet loss of 45-50% and this results in any video conferencing freezing instantly on opening.  Zoom, Teams, Whats App, Messenger are all behaving the same and are unusable.  I am with Plusnet and the connection is PPPoE.  All devices are affected be it desktop, laptop or smartphone.

If I do a test on the mobile 4G network with my smartphone there is no loss, so it is definitely the router causing the issue. 

Any suggestions on what settings may be causing this?   Or has anyone experienced similar and has a fix?

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Heavy Packet Loss
2021-11-04 11:14:03

@Dartilov 

Is the RE220 connected to the Archer A7 via Onemesh? What if you disconnect the RE200, and connect to the wireless network of the A7, do you still experience heavy packet loss?

Try disabling Onemesh on the Archer A7, reboot it and reconnect to the network, then test again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 1

Related Articles