Do you have to pay for using Tether app ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-28 08:30:46 - last edited 2021-11-09 08:24:45

Hi,

I'm checking the Tether app https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tp-link-tether/id599496594

And I saw that there are In App purchases (monthly, yearly or Total security)

Where can I learn more about what is free and which features are restricted until you pay monthly...

Thank you for your help

Options
3 Reply
Re:Do you have to pay for using Tether app ?
2021-11-09 07:24:39 - last edited 2021-11-09 08:24:45

@FrancoisNamur 

TP-Link Tether APP itself is free to download and manage the TP-Link devices.

To know more about TP-Link Tether APP, please click here

Options
2021-11-09 08:24:18

@Kevin_Z thank you for your reply but I do not find the answer to my question on the tether page, this is why I posted my question here, because I did not find the answer on the page you sent and on the App page in the App Store...

My question is really which features are restricted until you pay monthly

In other words where can I know more about what is "sold"/included in the in app purchases ?

Options
2021-11-10 02:28:05

@FrancoisNamur 

Hello, it seems you are talking about the HomeShield but not the Tether app, we do have a HomeShield Pro service, which requires a subscription monthly. Visit the page here to know more about it:

https://www.tp-link.com/homeshield/

BTW, can I know the model of your TP-Link device? Does it support HomeShield? You can check the compatibility models on the bottom of the above page.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2901

Replies: 3