Deco X20 not working with any of Fire TV, Apple TV or XBox

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-01 07:51:59
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel 50738.

My Deco X20's have been working with around 31 devices connected mostly smart lights, Echo devices etc. various phones, tablets, laptops, 2 Apple TV's, 3 Amazon Fire TV sticks, 2 XBOX Ones. However, after afew weeks of use various devices are no longer able to connect including the Fire TVs, Apple TVs and XBoxes and now even an iPad. I have already turned off roaming etc and other comments made on this forum but to no avail. Can you please advise how to rectify this problem otherwise I will be forced to return the product. Prompt ansers from the company would be preferred.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X20 not working with any of Fire TV, Apple TV or XBox
2021-11-02 05:46:52 - last edited 2021-11-02 05:47:47

@TP-Link  can you please advise what to do here?

Options
2021-11-02 07:34:14

@JLyfo 

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Here are some suggestions:

1. change the network security to WPA2-PSK(AES).

2. turn off the 5ghz on the main network temporarily.

If they are still unable to connect, please send me a private message of the MAC address of the main Deco and the TP-Link email ID for Deco APP.

And is there any error message when they failed to connect to Deco’s Wi-Fi?

Would restarting these devices make any difference?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-02 07:52:23

@TP-Link The client devices are connecting to the Deco's themselves - the Deco's however are not letting the client devices see the Internet. The error message is essentially "No internet connection" - many other devices are connected to the Internet through the Deco's and all of these devices were until recently!  The devices are all already on WPA2-PSK. I will try turning off 5ghz on the main network. As per other suggestions on the forum I had already tried connecting the devices to the Guest network with the 5ghz turned off - which did not work. I think I will need to send you a private message of the MAC address of the main Deco and the TP-Link email ID for Deco APP. I am however unsure how to do this through this platform?  Thanks Jamie

Options
2021-11-02 07:54:13

@TP-Link also I have tried restarting all of the client devices themselves, modem and X20 devices - no change still could not connect to Internet.

Options
2021-11-02 08:15:34

@JLyfo 

Hi, I have sent you a private message, and did you see that?

Have you tried to change the DNS server on the Deco:

Please also turn off the Mesh Technology on the Deco for these devices to have a look?

Is there any change recently, like a firmware upgrade or any new device joining in the network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1029

Replies: 5

Related Articles