Tp-Link TL-WR902AC connected to a Lumin U1 Streamer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-02 10:33:09 - last edited 2021-11-03 01:51:03
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
Dear Community,

I'm a new Tp-Link TL-WR902AC owner and I need your help to understand how to solve a network issue.

I bought this item to connect a music Streamer that works only via Lan cable.

Due my device (Streamer) is far (4 meter) from the main Telecom router I bought a TP-Link TL-WR902AC configured

as Extended Router.

Main telecom router connected vi wifi, TP-link connected to the device via Lan cable.

The Tp-link connection with the wi-fi is OK, a Lan cable connect the extender to the Streamer, the light in the router

that show the connection seems OK (fixed) but .... the Streamer App in my iPhone does NOT see the device...

Do I need to set some same parameters in the main Telecom router or in the TP-Link Extender in order to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Franco

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tp-Link TL-WR902AC connected to a Lumin U1 Streamer
2021-11-04 09:00:12

@davanf 

If the Lumin U1 Streamer is the only device that you want to link to the WR902AC, you can configure it to be working as a client as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2031/

In the last step, choose Static IP, and set the IP address to be in the same IP subnet of the main Telecom router, then check again if the Streamer app can find the device. Be sure the Streamer is getting an IP address from the main Telecom router correctly.

Options
Re:Tp-Link TL-WR902AC connected to a Lumin U1 Streamer
2021-11-04 10:34:57
Hi, yesterday night the Tp-link start to works !!! Helped by a friend we set as you said in "Client Mode" the Lumin support also told me that the only way has to be this one, non Extender, no access point mode. We had also to disable the DHCP and set an IP static. To go back to your question, the answer is yes, the streamer is the only device I need to connect to the Tp-Link. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 2

Related Articles