range extender connected via wired network - will it act as mesh wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-05 20:35:49 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:28:35
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have an Archer 1200 MR600 wireless router and want to extend the range through my house.   If  i connect an extender to the router via an existing wired network point (in another room!) effectively making it an access point, will it still behave as a wifi mesh, that is, with seamfree roaming ?

If so, can i then connect another extender, wirelessly, to the access point to extend the range still further ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:range extender connected via wired network - will it act as mesh wifi-Solution
2021-11-08 01:46:53 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:30:48

@eezageeza 

To enjoy the benefit of OneMesh, range extender need work as a range extender and wirelessly connected to router. * OneMesh requires a OneMesh compatible router, and oneMesh- comptaible extender/ powerline devices.  (OneMesh compatibility list )

For your inquiry about if extender could work as a mesh when it is wired to router, please check Q5. Can the OneMesh™ products support the Ethernet backhaul?

Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh

Here is another thread that may help explain further:[Range Extender Feature Request] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:range extender connected via wired network - will it act as mesh wifi-Solution
2021-11-08 01:46:53 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:30:48

@eezageeza 

To enjoy the benefit of OneMesh, range extender need work as a range extender and wirelessly connected to router. * OneMesh requires a OneMesh compatible router, and oneMesh- comptaible extender/ powerline devices.  (OneMesh compatibility list )

For your inquiry about if extender could work as a mesh when it is wired to router, please check Q5. Can the OneMesh™ products support the Ethernet backhaul?

Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh

Here is another thread that may help explain further:[Range Extender Feature Request] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul

Recommended Solution
Options