TP-Link SG-1008D Speed drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-07 11:21:44
Model: TL-SG1008D  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I have a TP-Link SG1008D switch It's connected to a Deco X-60 from my modem.

The Setup is Modem - Deco - Switch. All the connections are taken from my switch.

The network hardware ( Modem,, deco, switch) is on 24/7.   As far as I can tell my settings for the PC (from the switch) is set to a gigabit connection.  The problem is frequently it drops the connection to 100 MB/S on my desktop. Only solution when this happens is to reboot the switch.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what is happening or how i can correct this? Usually upon switch reboot the speed goes back to the gigabit speed 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link SG-1008D Speed drop
2021-11-23 20:20:31

@Apuonbus 

If its happening on your desktop you could try forcing the network card on your desktop to use 1GB, rather than allowing it to auto-negotiate.. see if that helps

Also try a Cat6 cable between the Switch and Desktop, seen that happen before on cheaper Cat5e cables

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 638

Replies: 1