Deco M4 very slow speeds in LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-08 08:22:43
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone!

I got consistent issue with my Wi-Fi mesh. Setup is in 4 stories apartment 3 M4 and 2 E4 on the outside area are connected. 2 PCs (ac Wi-Fi cards, SSD disks, new CPUs)  are connected to M4’s, 2 stories apart, and speeds are terrible. They report around 466 Mbit speeds on the interface but when transferring files real speed is around 20 Mbit. Watching movies from NAS is usually not possible. What could be the issue? Problem persists since I bought them, firmware is new, PCs are not in any way bottleneck. I know I can’t get advertised speeds but this is ridiculous. Please share some ideas….

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 very slow speeds in LAN
2021-11-09 09:16:07

@domagoj_zg 

Hi, The details are quite limited here so I will give some information for your reference:

1. Deco E4 has 2*fast Ethernet ports which are up to 100m/s if you have any wired devices connected to E4 directly.

2. If all the satellite units are wirelessly connected to each other, Due to the working pattern and protocol/regulation of Wi-Fi technology, the more wireless hops, the slower the speed would be.

So if you are capable to wire all the Deco units via Ethernet cables, it would improve the speed and instability a lot.

If not possible via cables, and you just bought the Mesh units, I suggest you could consider Deco M9 plus or Deco P9 if the whole house is under the same electric meter.

But it would be highly appreciated, you could draw a rough picture of the floor map about the distance and location of the Deco units, if possible, please also mark out where your internet modem is.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 1