Duplicates and network instability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-08 10:54:07 - last edited 2021-11-08 10:55:51
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20201112 Rel. 66232

Hi,

I'm struggling a bit with the extender sometimes. I've a lot of duplicates using my laptop and network performance metrics are slightly bad:

mtr to my main router:

Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
0.0%   290   54.1  34.0   3.6 1019. 154.8

ping results on a different test I did, also to main router, same laptop and from the same place:

3289 packets transmitted, 2390 packets received, +61 duplicates, 27.3% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 3.338/1260.524/68049.323/5493.188 ms

Probably the issue is with the laptop wifi adapter quality but it works fine most of the times. If I go near the router, it's behaves fine. But I must say that from another computer that uses a dedicated wifi card the extender is working perfectly. So my question is, do you know if there are any known issues on compatibility with your wifi extender from any wifi adapters?

I found that tweaking a bit, disabling 2.4 extension and allowing only 5 GHz network function the performance improves a bit, I was in any case already connected to the 5GHz band network.

Best regards,

Juan Luis

Options
1 Reply
Re:Duplicates and network instability
2021-11-14 03:14:16

Hello @JuanLuis 

Sorry for the late response, may I know the model of the adapter ? I did not recall any known compatibility issue between range extender and adapter. 

If another laptop work fine with the range extender, it is recommended to update the driver of adapter or try a different wifi adapter if possible. 

For the duplicate packets, please confirm there isn't another device use the same IP as your laptop, no IP conflict.

As 2.4Ghz is normally congested, if the adapter is a dual-band one, you could lave it connected to to 5Ghz and see if helps improve the overall performance. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 606

Replies: 1

Related Articles