info request about Archer T3U

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-09 04:31:39 - last edited 2021-12-07 03:19:33
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

i'm trying to find a solution to a network problem on my laptop:

I had a lot of problems using a gaming stream service called "stadia" ( its a service from google ) from my laptop: the connection is good, all speed tests are good around 40/60 mbps in my laptop and in my desktop too; but during the game play the connection is very very bad.......but this happen only on my laptop......everything work very fine on my desktop.

Looking on the web i found that the normal speed test is not enough to see if we are able to run a streaming games services properly.

So i made a "packet loss test" and i have a very good result on my desktop ( like 0% packet loss, and 1.1% of late packet ) but terrible results on my laptop ( like 20/30% packet loss, and 70/80% of late packet )....... "same internet connection", "same ethernet cable", and "same router".

This confused me a bit, since i found on web, that laptops have worst network cards than desktops, and in some cases network cards, especially in low specs laptops, may be not hardware but software, and they overload the cpu.... in fact during the "packet loss test" on the laptop, the cpu go to 100%, while this is not happened on the desktop.

My question is: a device like the "Archer T3U" may be a solution for this problem? it bypass the internal network card of the laptop?? and it could make a better work without loosing all the "packet"?? it work only with usb 3 port or it work also with usb 2 port??

I ask sorry in advance form my bad english and i hope everything is clear.

Thank you for your time, and hope to ear you soon.

Best regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:info request about Archer T3U-Solution
2021-11-10 03:32:28 - last edited 2021-12-07 03:19:33

Hello @ciberblue 

I could not say ' T3U' is solution or if it will get 0 package loss,  the package loss could be related to many factors like wireless congestion or interference, bandwidth, sometimes router's issue, or it's just a bad adapter etc. While replacing the Wi-Fi adapter could be an option as the original wireless adapter performances so bad.

T3U could work in both USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, here is spec of T3U for more details: https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/adapter/archer-t3u/#specifications

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:info request about Archer T3U-Solution
2021-11-10 03:32:28 - last edited 2021-12-07 03:19:33

Hello @ciberblue 

I could not say ' T3U' is solution or if it will get 0 package loss,  the package loss could be related to many factors like wireless congestion or interference, bandwidth, sometimes router's issue, or it's just a bad adapter etc. While replacing the Wi-Fi adapter could be an option as the original wireless adapter performances so bad.

T3U could work in both USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, here is spec of T3U for more details: https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/adapter/archer-t3u/#specifications

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:info request about Archer T3U
2021-11-10 21:48:41

@Solla-topee Thanks for your time!

i understand that packet loss may be related to other factors, but as i said, i have no problem with my desktop pc ( 0% packet loss ), on the same router, and i also tryed connecting the laptop with the same ethernet cable that i usually use for the desktop, but laptop still have a very bad result in packet loss test....it looks like there is no difference in the packet loss test on the laptop when i connect it to the router via wifi or with the ethernet cable.... same result
For this reason i was "supposing" that the problem could be the laptop internal adapter...... and not my ISP or the traffic or congestion.....
I know we cant say " is that" for sure..... but... if its the "laptop inetrnal adapter's fault".... in that case.....Archer T3U could be a solution right? T3U bypass the internal wireless adapter right?? 

I ask sorry again if my english is not perfect ^^ and i hope everithing is clear ;) 

Many thanks in advance for your kindness.

Best regards

Options
2021-11-11 03:32:19

@ciberblue Thank you for your reply. I see what you mean now. Archer T3U could be a solution for your case, to replace the original adapter,  you could give that a try.  wink

Options
2021-11-11 07:18:31

@Solla-topee Thank you for your time heart

i will try with Archer T3U.
Cross finger for me ;)

Best regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 470

Replies: 4