Error when I try to delete devices in the QoS settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-09 10:34:15 - last edited 2021-11-11 07:53:36
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hello,

I have 1gbps internet but my connection behind the Deco P9 is capped to 250 mpbs, as an other thread mention, I tried to delete the devices on the QOS list but I got an error : Not possible to save settings, please try later.

I tried to restart the main Deco but I still have the error, what can I do please ?

In my network I have 2 Deco P9 and 1 Deco M4R.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Error when I try to delete devices in the QoS settings-Solution
2021-11-10 14:53:53 - last edited 2021-11-11 07:53:36

Ok, so I finally found out how to delete devices and here is my speedtest from the computer.

Don't go in the QOS menu, find devices in the overview list and unselect high priority.

Now I have 800mpbs in download and 440mbps in upload.

File:
Capture.PNGDownload
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Error when I try to delete devices in the QoS settings
2021-11-10 07:34:01

@JulienH 

Hi, there are two places to remove a device from the OoS and Did both options cause the same error?

As for the speed issue, even the main Deco is capped at 250m/s, right?

--Did you test via both 5ghz and Ethernet connection?

Could you please share some screenshots of the speed test with me?

--Please also refer to these links to check the link speed on the devices:

Options
2021-11-10 07:40:03

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I tried to remove device by device and all devices like you show me, same error.

I have the same issue in WiFi and in RJ45.

I checked my RJ45, it is 1000mbps and when I'm connected to the internet provider box I have 500mbps in speedtest.

The capped 250mbps is the problem from the Deco as other users.

Regards,

Julien

Options
2021-11-10 07:41:10

@JulienH 

I forgot to mention, I have a NAS in my network, I did test and I have 1000mbps, is it just the internet that is capped by the Deco.

Options
2021-11-10 08:48:10

@JulienH 

Hi, could you please send feedback via Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top>help>contact us>suggestions and add the APP log.

As for the half-speed issue, could you please help me get a picture of the speed test on the laptop when it is connected to the main P9 via Ethernet cable, and the adapter settings of the computer:

-- ------ You may obtain the information of your PC’s network adapter from here: (For Windows PC only)

1. Press WIN+R on the keyboard, type in “cmd” and enter, you will see a small black window.
  2. In the small black window, type in “ipconfig /all” and press enter, the information of your network adapters will be printed.
  3. Please copy the whole content of this window while contacting us, this information would be more helpful when troubleshooting this issue.

So that I could forward your case to the senior engineers later.

And on the last message, you mentioned NAS, Were you trying to say when NAS is wired to the P9, the download speed could reach 1000m/s? or NAS is wired to ISP router and the speed could reach 1000m/s?

By the way, may I know the model number of your ISP router? 

As for the connection type on P9, is it on dynamic IP or PPPoE?

Options
2021-11-10 09:11:17

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I just sent the log and a screenshot to the support team, thanks.

I have 1000mbps inside the local network, but I'm capped to 250mpbs for internet, download and upload, for every devices connected to the Deco, Wifi and RJ45. The Deco is in router mode.

If I'm directly connected to the ISP, Wifi and RJ45, I have 500mpbs.

Here is the model of my ISP router: https://assistance.orange.fr/equipement/livebox-et-modems/sagemcom-livebox-5

"As for the connection type on P9, is it on dynamic IP or PPPoE?"

Where can I find this information please ?

Thank you.

Options
Re:Error when I try to delete devices in the QoS settings-Solution
2021-11-10 14:53:53 - last edited 2021-11-11 07:53:36

Ok, so I finally found out how to delete devices and here is my speedtest from the computer.

Don't go in the QOS menu, find devices in the overview list and unselect high priority.

Now I have 800mpbs in download and 440mbps in upload.

File:
Capture.PNGDownload
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 837

Replies: 6

Related Articles