Deco M4/S4 Unstable/No Internet connection Issue under Spectrum / Starhub service

Deco M4/S4 Unstable/No Internet connection Issue under Spectrum / Starhub service

2021-11-12 08:27:30 - last edited 2022-08-26 09:03:50

Hi All,

The following firmware versions on Deco M4(V1&V2) and Deco S4(V1&V2) have improved the connection quality a lot on Spectrum/Starhub service and please make sure your firmware is up to date.

Deco M4-1.5.4-20220113: Click Here to get the Download link.

Deco S4--1.5.1-20220113: Click Here to get the Download link.

If the disconnection continues, please refer to the following troubleshooting steps:

What can I do if the internet connection is unstable when connected to the Deco network?

Options
25 Reply
Re:[Solution] Wireless clients and Satellite Deco fail to connect to Main Deco under Spectrum / Starhub
2021-12-14 00:08:25

@TP-Link is there any further update regarding this? I upgraded to the new firmware, it's little better but I still get deco losing the WAN connectivity. Without restart anything, when I move the ethernet cable connecting the modem to Deco and connect modem directly to my laptop, the internet is working. It's always the Deco WAN side showing offline.

Options
Re:[Solution] Wireless clients and Satellite Deco fail to connect to Main Deco under Spectrum / Starhub
2021-12-14 02:12:40

@cmonbux 

Hi, there would be new official firmware for this feature.

By the way, may I know who is your internet service provider?

Did you notice the LED light on Deco turn red?

And how often would the internet connection drop out recently?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-14 15:54:01

@TP-Link The internet service provider is Spectrum. I move to a house that only gets Spectrum, the previous house with AT&T fiber didn't have any issues, (other than issues on the service provider side). 

The deco turns red, The deco is always at 99% CPU usage so I'm not sure that's causing the issue.

The WAN link has been dropping almost every 6 to 8 hours. Simple restart of the main deco resolve the issue. 

Options
2021-12-15 03:52:35

@cmonbux 

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I would love to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance and please have a check of your email.

At the same time, have you ever reported this issue to Spectrum and check whether they could provide some assistance for us?

Options
2021-12-15 17:52:28

@TP-Link I haven't communicated to Spectrum. However, I did purchase and installed two W3600 (2.0), one as the main deco and other one as a child node. I also added back remaining three s3 modes as child nodes as well. This has been running for over 15 hours and seems to be working great. CPU load is showing 50% or less now compare to 99% all the time with one of the s3 as the main deco. I couldn't keep troubleshooting s3 and deal with the issue since I work from home and not having the internet or cutting out every several hours was not acceptable. 

Options
2021-12-16 02:11:37

@cmonbux 

Thank you very much for the further update.
I also noted this information to the senior engineer.
You could have a check of the email and see if any useful suggestions have been provided by him later.

If your case could be resolved, it would be highly appreciated if you could share it with us.

Thank you in advance.

Options
2021-12-21 01:25:01

@TP-Link BTW W3600 was version 2.6 and this still has the same issue. Although, it doesn't happen as often but it tends to happen during a Zoom call for work. Is there a firmware update for this unit to fix the issue? 

Options
2021-12-21 03:06:27

@cmonbux 

Hi, Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I see that your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers before # TKID211216378.

Could you please try to update the email so that the engineer will have the chance to see whether the problem is and help you with the beta firmware?

Options
2021-12-21 16:07:06
Yea, I’m not sure where I need to update the email? My account should be up to date.
Options
2021-12-22 00:50:16

@cmonbux 

Hi, I have sent the email and quoted the last email content.

Could you please check again whether you could get any email from TP-Link?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6302

Replies: 25