AX6000 TPLink loosing internet connectivity on both Wireless and Wired Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-12 21:19:42 - last edited 2021-11-12 21:53:39
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel. 12163

I have been having this issue off and on for about 2 weeks (possibly more) where I loose internet connection on some devices while others work just fine.   Here are the symptoms. 

1) Happens both with wired and wireless connections. 
2) I have between 25 and 35 Clients connected when this happens. 
3)  CPU on the router shows no signs of stress. 
4)  When I reboot the router or cable modem,  the devices are able to access the internet. 

5) When this issue is occurring,  I can Browse to the router without issue.  

6) If I wait long enough,  usually the problem will disappear from the device.  
7) It is not always the same devices, though on my work computers I have not experienced the issue.    

8) I do have all the antivirus running on the router. 

9)  WHen this is happening speed test on router works fine

10)  I try to connect using the IP address and it also does not work making a DNS issue less likely

11)  Spectrum is my provider.   I don't get any Errors when this occurs on the browsers..  Just never get the page to load.   Looking at the browser network diagnostic page it appears that some things may get through but most times out after 30 seconds.  If anything goes get through it is 20+ to first byte.

12)  I have a netgear genie CM600.  It is showing 24 Locked downstream and 4 Locked up stream.   4 upstream are not locked and I am not sure why.  Not a lot of Events in Log as I cleared it a few days ago.    I have two Missing BP Configuration settings that I think popped up when I reboot the cable modem.  I believe this is normal. 

As I said,  When this happens the computer or phone cannot connect to the internet though it clearly can get to the router.  Where I am having a hard time is how it comes and goes and does not effect certain devices.  It feels like hitting a max device wall somewhere but don't see any evidence.  Does not feel hardware related to me.  Either router/modem or upstream..  

I have seen other posts describing what appears to be a similar issue.  Any thoughts?  Is there a beta version of firmware I can try?  I really dont' want to engage spectrum yet as it is painful and I don't know what they would be able to do given it does not affect all devices in the house. 

Any suggestions would be most helpful.  

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX6000 TPLink loosing internet connectivity on both Wireless and Wired Devices
2021-11-15 11:52:17

@RonL 

Hello, thank you for the detailed information.

So does this means some special devices will lose internet access when they are still connected to the AX6000 network? What are they? 

What if you connect fewer devices to the network, but leave these special ones connected, will they still lose the internet? If that is the case, I don't think this is related to the number of clients connected to the router.

Will the LED change on the AX6000 when the issue happens? How often does it happen?

Options
Re:AX6000 TPLink loosing internet connectivity on both Wireless and Wired Devices
2021-11-15 22:45:07

@Kevin_Z 

I actually went around and tried to reduce the devices but that did not seem to help.  I think I dropped about 5.. I am running between 25 and 30 and it is still happening.  I am going to try and see if I can reduce the number to see if that helps.  I really don't think it is the number of device-related as I have not added anything recently.   

So does this means some special devices will lose internet access when they are still connected to the AX6000 network?
Yes.   3 of the devices are phone (WiFi),  THe other is a hard-wired Shield, and another is a hard wired Chromebox.    Right now my phone is having the issue as I am streaming music and it stops for a few minutes and then reconnects and then stops again.   The phone is a Samsung Ultra 21 so it is pretty new.   As it is cutting in an out,  I am using my computer without issue.    I don't think there is anything special about the devices.   When this is occurring it does not always effect all the devices.   While this is happening I was able to connect to the router on my phone using tplink. 

What are they? 

What if you connect fewer devices to the network, but leave these special ones connected, will they still lose the internet? If that is the case, I don't think this is related to the number of clients connected to the router.
Seems to be the case,  but I have not trimmed down to the absolute lowest I can go. 

Will the LED change on the AX6000 when the issue happens? How often does it happen?
LED is rock solid Blue.    It seems to be happening more. I would say right now we are noticing it a couple of times a day.  

Options
2021-11-16 02:08:18

@RonL 

Hello, thank you very much again for all the detailed info. This sounds abnormal, I would ask the support engineers to look into this, they would likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-11-18 06:40:35

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks.. Someone has reached out though since I reported the issue it has been a few days and I have not had it re-occur.  It was happening rather frequently.   Definitely very random. 

Options
2021-11-18 07:38:53

@RonL 

I see. But please don't forget to get back to the support engineer once the issue happens next time, they need your help to locate the issue. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 5

Related Articles