How to install a TP-Link AX1500 router vodafone New Zealand cable modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-12 21:19:57
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20210809 Rel. 66873(5553)

I have a new cable modem from vodafone New Zealand. I have tried to connect my AX1500 directly to it (in Router Mode) however even when I have managed to get a green internet light the service is terrible. I have set VLAN to the OOTB NZ setting (VLAN 10) and set IPv6 to DHCP. It connects and finds address, subnet, gateway dns etc ok. green internet light is on but web page download is abysmal (no images). What are the recomended settings?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to install a TP-Link AX1500 router vodafone New Zealand cable modem
2021-11-16 11:43:08

@seewall 

Hello, please confirm with Vodafone first and ensure all the setting parameters you configured on the router are correct. If the issue persists, try modifying the DNS servers on the AX1500 Internet to some third-party's, such as Google's 8.8.8.8 or Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1, then reboot both the modem and the router to check the internet again.

You can also check this article to see if you need to change the MTU settings on the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1134/

Options