Disable tplinkwifi.net redirection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-13 16:37:32
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

Its really annoying when attempting to get on my routers config by going to IP address (192.168.0.1) for the page to load then redirect me to tplinkwifi.net which says it doesn't work, and have to type 192.168.0.1 again to get in. 

Can this please be turned off? With custom DNS and things like VPN/iCloud Private Relay tplinkwifi.net never works anymore. Not sure why if i type the local IP does it even redirect, what is the relevance? If i wanted to use the redirect site, I would of navigated to there surely. 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Disable tplinkwifi.net redirection
2021-11-15 12:11:53

@xNVwb3iP 

Hello, that sounds abnormal, I will report it to the support engineers and they will confirm if this can be optimized.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-11-18 19:32:07

I have the same problem on AX20 v1.0 (EU). When I type the 192.168.0.1 in normal tab, in the web browser, it automatically redirects me tplinkwifi.net which says 

It looks like you aren't connected to your TP-Link network. When I type 192.168.0.1 again, I can access web interface normally.

Weirdly enough, when I open that IP address in incognito tab, it always loads on first try and doesn't redirect to tplinkwifi.net. I can reproduce the issue on all devices connected to the network, tried all the steps mentioned, even reseting the router to the factory settings but nothing worked. 

I kind of forgot about this issue because I always enter web interface through incognito tab for this reason, but this thread reminded me and I'd like to see that fixed.

Options
2021-11-19 07:03:51

@user30 

Hello, can I have the firmware version of your AX20? Be sure it is updated.

If the issue persists, and you are willing to troubleshoot further, we would like to escalate to the support engineers also, they will help further.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-11-19 14:25:00 - last edited 2021-11-19 14:26:53

@Kevin_Z 

I've just tried adding 192.168.0.1  tplinkwifi.net entry to the hosts file on my laptop. It works!

Was that supposed to work without me modifying hosts file?

Options
2021-11-22 13:18:46
I had a email about a reply but can't find it on this thread.... Dear Customer, I am Aaron from TP-Link technical support and I hope I can help you! Sincerely sorry for your inconvenience! When you access the admin web page by IP address the first time, the router will redirect to the domain name, which is designed like this. Generally speaking, if the PC can resolve the "www.tplinkwifi.net" correctly, the PC should be able to access the admin web page normally. We suspect that the browser's cache caused this issue. Could you please clear the browser's cache and test this issue again? Or can you access the admin web page through a new browser? Cant seem to find a way of replying as I have no messages, however this is not the case it is not a browser cache issue. It happens every time, you have to then type it back in using the IP address and it doesn't redirect. New browser, new cache, new machine same thing every time you try. It does remember for a bit, but its very annoying. I get typing in tplinkwifi.net is quicker than ip, but if I type the IP there is a reason and im fedf up of seeing the cannot find server page, just let me in via IP, dont redirect.
Options
2021-11-25 12:05:58

@xNVwb3iP 

Hello, thanks for posting the reply from our engineers. Aaron is one of the engineering team. I think what he tried to explain could be the issue/cause in most cases, but yours may not. Please discuss it with Aaron directly via email, you can reply to him, he will see your reply.

Options
2021-11-25 13:26:10

@Kevin_Z Thats my point, the email came through as a notification but I cant find the message to reply or I would of. ITs not on the forum un my messages or the thread, and the auotmated message says THIS IS A AUTOMATED MESSAGE - DO NOT REPLY. 

Options
2021-11-26 01:04:59

@xNVwb3iP 

That's weird. Can I have a screenshot of the notification message you received? Or you can provide us with another email via PM, we will contact you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 4023

Replies: 8

Related Articles