Deco S4/E4 1.5.0 - VLAN Access Point no longer working as expected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-15 18:47:24
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hi all,

Since I updated my TP Link S4/E4 nodes, I can no longer get a consistent signal. I have Eir Fibre (Ireland), using VLAN channel 10. Constant dropout, and extremely peculiar behaviour, in excess of 100mb/s showing in Ookla, only for it to drop to 0 every single time.

I think I saw that the E4 model has a 1.5.1 to address VLAN issues but I cannot see anything to fix my S4 nodes.

Please help,

All the best!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco S4/E4 1.5.0 - VLAN Access Point no longer working as expected
2021-11-16 05:59:50

@lunarlionheart 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I noticed that your total internet bandwidth might be around 100m/s.

Would you mind trying to switch Deco E4 as the main Deco and check whether the internet stability got better?

At the same time, could you please help me check more details:

1. Would any unit turn red when the connection dropped out?

2. How often would it happen?

3. Normally what did you need to do to restore the connection? Rebooting the Deco, or reconnecting to the Wi-Fi?

Options
Re:Deco S4/E4 1.5.0 - VLAN Access Point no longer working as expected
2021-11-16 09:24:12

@TP-Link 

I updated the E4 to 1.5.1 and set it as the main Deco and we seem to be back in business, brilliant!

In regards to the 3 points you mentioned - 

1. Would any unit turn red when the connection dropped out? No, all would remain white.

2. How often would it happen? After upgrading the units to 1.5.0, it was constant.

3. Normally what did you need to do to restore the connection? Rebooting the Deco, or reconnecting to the Wi-Fi? Neither, I had to dig out my old router, and run the main Deco as an Access Point through the router to get any sort of connection, though it was bottlenecked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 387

Replies: 2