Deco x60 fail to connect internet after I change new modem/router (Tplink VR400)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco x60 fail to connect internet after I change new modem/router (Tplink VR400)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-19 02:50:53
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I recently buy a new modem/router tplink VR400 to replace my stock modem from ISP, I've set the VR400 in bridge mode just like my old modem and it work when I test the connection on my PC.

But it fail to connect to the internet when I connect the new modem to the deco.

I've try the following.

- change the connection type to Dynamic IP on Deco and relative setting on new modem, no connection.

- reset Deco and try both PPPoE and Dynamic IP and relative setting on new modem, no connection.

- connect the old modem to Deco, it have connection.

It seem like Deco is not talking to the new modem. Deco currently on access point mode with the new modem as work around but I would like to run Deco in router mode.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco x60 fail to connect internet after I change new modem/router (Tplink VR400)
2021-11-19 06:35:55

@wapplew 

Hi, May I know who is your internet service provider?

Currently, Archer VR400 is on the modem router mode and Deco X60 is on the access point right?

--Can I have a picture of the internet configuration on the Archer VR400?

Then if possible, Could you please try to switch VR400 back to bridge mode and set up X60as wireless router mode with PPPoE connection type, then please go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 and save a picture of this page to me?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco x60 fail to connect internet after I change new modem/router (Tplink VR400)
2021-11-19 06:56:46

@TP-Link 

My ISP is TM unifi 

This is my setting on the modem

I have tested the modem connection with Lan connect to my PC, it work fine, it just not working with the Deco.

Options
2021-11-19 08:40:12

@wapplew 

Hi, any more details about the connection type, Dynamic IP, or PPPoE on the computer?

Have you tried MAC clone on the Deco APP, such as 

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet?

I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers later.

But I do wish you could help me check the following details:

1. When Deco X60 failed to work, is the LED solid red on the main Deco?

2. Is there any valid IP address under IPV4 on Deco APP?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-19 09:51:45

@TP-Link 

This is my PC connection via PPPoE (with new modem set connection to bridge mode)

When I connect the new modem to Deco, steady red light.

My deco have a valid IP4 addresss.

PS. Using deco app remove deco is factory reset right? Or I have to use the reset button?

Options
2021-11-19 10:09:55

@wapplew 

Hi, yes, removing from Deco APP is also a factory reset, just the same as the reset button.

But normally, we would suggest a complete reset via the reset button for 1s.

Before the reset, could you please send me a private message about the valid IPV4 address on Deco? Is it the same as the IP on the computer via PPPoE connection?

A small tip: normally if there Is a valid IP, you could change the DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to have a look:

Options
2021-11-19 20:02:26

@wapplew 

I recently upgraded my MODEM to one capable of GIG speeds and my connection issue was solved when COMCAST entered my new MODEM's MAC Address into its' system. 

Options
2021-11-20 04:09:15 - last edited 2021-11-20 04:15:55

@TP-Link 

Sorry I got confuse about the IP4 address, actually the Deco don't have an IP on IP4 when I connect it to the new modem, it doesn't seems to establish a connection with the ISP. 

Basically, the new modem is able to connect to the internet by itself or bridge mode (dial up with a PC), so I don't think the mac address have problem with the ISP, it just not working with the Deco, Dynamic or PPPoE.

Options
2021-11-22 06:01:47

@wapplew 

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please check if you got an email from us.

At the same time, Have you ever tried to leave the VLAN tag on the Deco X60, instead of Archer VR400, so it is like:

On the Archer VR400, please only choose bridge mode, leave the VLAN ID blank, then on the Deco X60, choose PPPoE connection type and enable the internet VLAN ID for 500.

(PS: during the first time setup, there is a Malaysia-TM Unify ISP profile that has VLAN ID 500 enabled, so you could choose this profile during the setup.

Or if you don’t want to reset Deco X60 again, please go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 and make sure internet connection type is PPPOE, then go back to Advanced>IPTV/VLAN, enable internet VLAN ID and put 500, keep 802.1Q tag enabled.)

Options
2021-11-26 00:28:45

@TP-Link 

Thanks for the help, this work for me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1186

Replies: 9