PPPoe problem with mikrotik device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-20 14:40:38 - last edited 2021-11-30 18:02:36
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 210716

I work with an internet service provider with one of the companies, there is problem with the type C80,I bought this type and prepared it for a customer by setting a protocol PPPoe and after connecting it to Swich Mikrotik css610-1G-7R-2S,. There was no connection... when I returned it in Mode Dynamic IP, it connects normally...Note that I have done the necessary to connect it with a new device from Mikrotik and the result was the same, where the router faces the same problem by not connecting according to the protocol PPPoe with mikrotik css 610

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: PPPoe problem with mikrotik device-Solution
2021-11-30 18:01:07 - last edited 2021-11-30 18:02:36

@Kevin_Z  thanks for replay

I chose the communication protocol PPPoe in the router and typed the user name and password , The router is supposed to connect to the Internet service, but the connection faild, the router is wired with the Mikrotik device from the version CSS610, I have a lot of Routers did not encounter such a problem and were less expensive than C80 , After many experiments with the router and the Mikrotik device, I found that this option "Add information option" in the Mikrotik device affects this version of the routers C80, and after raising the check mark from it, the router connected to the Internet

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re: PPPoe problem with mikrotik device
2021-11-25 08:47:36

@Ali-mouneir 

Hello, does it need to be PPPoE when connecting the C80 to the Swich Mikrotik css610-1G-7R-2S? As you already confirmed that the C80 connects to the internet fine when choosing Dynamic IP, that means the switch has already assigned IP address to the C80 to connect to the internet.

Regarding the internet connection type of the router, it is not determined by the router itself, it is determined by the provider, so you can review the internet setup from the line or settings on the switch to see if you can find a clue.

Options
Re: PPPoe problem with mikrotik device-Solution
2021-11-30 18:01:07 - last edited 2021-11-30 18:02:36

@Kevin_Z  thanks for replay

I chose the communication protocol PPPoe in the router and typed the user name and password , The router is supposed to connect to the Internet service, but the connection faild, the router is wired with the Mikrotik device from the version CSS610, I have a lot of Routers did not encounter such a problem and were less expensive than C80 , After many experiments with the router and the Mikrotik device, I found that this option "Add information option" in the Mikrotik device affects this version of the routers C80, and after raising the check mark from it, the router connected to the Internet

Recommended Solution
Options
Re: PPPoe problem with mikrotik device
2021-12-01 03:06:48

@Ali-mouneir 

That is a feature I haven't heard of. Thank you very much for sharing this information with the community, and it's glad to hear that you figured it out. Good job.yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 460

Replies: 3