Cannot assign ip to tp-link hs110 smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-22 22:15:57 - last edited 2021-11-22 22:30:00
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I have just setup my new x60 nodes but I can't select the smart plug from the list of devices to reserve address.

It's somewhat annoying since I have a used a specific ip for it in scripts.

I hope you will bring back the ability to manually assign IP's to MAC's which I can see screenshots of in guides for other Deco products.

The smart plug shows up in the "Smart" list without issue.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot assign ip to tp-link hs110 smart plug
2021-11-23 07:20:57

@FlipFlopHHJ 

Hi, May I have more details about why you want to have a static IP for HS100?

Since currently, Deco does not support address reservations for smart home devices as they do not have a web UI, and all the configurations need to be done on the Kasa APP.

Thank you very much

Options
2021-11-23 08:44:04

@TP-Link I control it using a python script so I want to make sure the IP stays the same. 

The dhcpd in the deco should not care what kind of device it is. 

The only problem is that we can only select the Mac addresses allowed by the deco app which filters a bunch out for some reason.

Options
2021-11-24 14:01:09

@FlipFlopHHJ Now I even tried faking the mac address using another device so I could get the mac into the reserved list but I guess the filtering is done by mac address because it still didn't show up in the list.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 547

Replies: 3