how to separate 2.4 from 5.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-23 03:48:15
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just installed Deco S4 system amd working through connecting everything.  Trouble is I'm finding one device, my wireless security camera, only works on 2.4GHz and will not connect to the Deco S4 2.4/5 wifi. Is there a way to separate the two bands so as to be individually selectable ?  Or do I go buy another security camera that is compatible ?  Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:how to separate 2.4 from 5.0
2021-11-23 07:25:48

@TonySA 

Hi, May I know the model number of your wireless security camera?

There are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Turn off the 5ghz on the main network temporarily.

2. Forget the current wireless network on the smartphone and connect to the Wi-Fi again.

3. Set up the security camera again on the phone.

Options
Re:how to separate 2.4 from 5.0
2021-11-23 10:14:59
Hi guys Thanks for speedy reply. The only model on the camera i can find is its an IPC360. Pretty old but works well for our purposes. I had already done step 1 but of course, I only did half the job. I'll redo in the morning only this time with the additional steps 2 and 3. Makes sense now that I read your instructions. Dont know why I didnt think of it, getting too old LOL Cheers TonySA
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 270

Replies: 2

Related Articles