Deco M4 stability issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 stability issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 stability issue
Deco M4 stability issue
2021-11-23 15:07:27
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Some background to my question:

I recently purchased a Deco M4 set with 2 units. I set it up as an access point network connected to my existing ZyXel VDSL -modem, which has 4 regular wire connections and one wifi router. 

The M4 Mesh-network is connected to the said modem with a cable. The first M4 unit include a wifi to which the second unit connects. M4 unit #1 is on the ground level and M4 unit #2 is one stairs up in the attic.

I have connected my Apple TV unit, and my dvd player are located next to the Mesh wifi on unit #1 and my printer is next to unit #2.. Furthermore I have configured my iPads to use the Mesh wifi.

Most of the time all works as it should, but I have encountered one website (to which I connect with the iPads) to which the connection is dropped after an hour or so usage.

My question:

How can I figure out what is wrong with setup? Is there some diagnostics on network usage that is collected and which contain reasons for lost connections?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 stability issue
2021-11-24 11:16:56 - last edited 2021-11-24 11:18:15

@Micke49 

Most of the time all works as it should, but I have encountered one website (to which I connect with the iPads) to which the connection is dropped after an hour or so usage.

May I know which website did you refer to?

When you said the connection dropped, did you mean the whole Deco Mesh network dropped, like Deco M4 turned red? or only the wireless connection on iPad?

As for your network map, I do have some questions:

For the ZyXel VDSL -modem, is it a wireless DSL modem router? and Can I have the model number of the Zyxel modem?

Options
Re:Deco M4 stability issue
2021-11-24 15:03:22

May I know which website did you refer to?

Response: The site and the latsest game I've attended is:

https://play.realbridge.online/de.html?p=211124129459&q=UAuTcKiZgic8Trivsel#lobby

When you said the connection dropped, did you mean the whole Deco Mesh network dropped, like Deco M4 turned red? or only the wireless connection on iPad?

Response: I believe we are looking at the wireless connection to my iPad. Simultaneously my wife palys on her iPad with no problems.

As for your network map, I do have some questions:

For the ZyXel VDSL -modem, is it a wireless DSL modem router? and Can I have the model number of the Zyxel modem?

Response: No, it is a wireline modem connected to a VDSL -network access point and forming a router to the WWW from it. It comprises a wifi network (Koti_8880) and contains direct lines to which the first Deco M4 is connected and where the wifi from within the M4 (32a2wifi) is located. This wifi is the one I have problems with.

The model of ZyXel modem is VMG3925-B10B

Additional answers to questions on the picture are:

1. The Sector Alarm wifi is as far as I know embedded within it. If not, then it is the one labelled Koti-8880 residing on the ZyXel box and not part of the Mesh network.

2. The Elisa Viihde box is connected with a wire to the ZyXel -box. It links to the cloud service where the TV -recordings are managed.

Micke

@TP-Link 

Options