Wd-8961N as Access Point - DHCP won't coexist with DSL-224 Internet Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-24 23:29:43 - last edited 2021-11-25 01:27:35

Probably trivial probelm. I have a new D-Link DSL-224 connected to ADSL line and am trying to use an old TD-w8961N as a wireless access point. DHCP is activated on the D-Link and the TP AP is set to static IP on same subnet but outside of DHCP pool. TP-link was reset to defaults, IP  set, DHCP switched off, firewall off. All works OK for a bit, few minutes to maybe an hour,  but then the Internet connection is lost on the DSL-224 and the access point will not see the DHCP server and gets assigned a default IP address. Internet reconnects on DSL-224 if the LAN cable between the two is unplugged.

I see there is an entry in the Access Point routing table. Should there be? I don't have access to the equipment right now, but I think it's routing the internal traffic 10.0.0.0 /24. It's driving me mental. Shouldn't be this hard to set up an access point.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wd-8961N as Access Point - DHCP won't coexist with DSL-224 Internet Router
2022-02-27 21:07:07

Modean wrote

Probably trivial probelm. I have a new D-Link DSL-224 connected to ADSL line and am trying to use an old TD-w8961N as a wireless access point. DHCP is activated on the D-Link and the TP AP is set to static IP on same subnet but outside of DHCP pool. TP-link was reset to defaults, IP  set, DHCP switched off, firewall off. All works OK for a bit, few minutes to maybe an hour,  but then the Internet connection is lost on the DSL-224 and the access point will not see the DHCP server and gets assigned a default IP address. Internet reconnects on DSL-224 if the LAN cable between the two is unplugged.

I see there is an entry in the Access Point routing table. Should there be? I don't have access to the equipment right now, but I think it's routing the internal traffic 10.0.0.0 /24. It's driving me mental. Shouldn't be this hard to set up an access point.

@Modean 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 1

Related Articles