Not detecting WIfi card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Not detecting WIfi card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Not detecting WIfi card
Not detecting WIfi card
2021-11-27 14:49:37
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My pc is an intel I5 6600 powered z170k that stopped displaying .
After diagnosing the display fault caused by faulty memory sticks, I obtained replacements from Kingston (outstanding customer service BTW).

During the initial fault I cleared the CMOS , removed and replaced the battery but during the rebuild I now find that the motherboard does not seem to recognise the TP link TL-WN881ND wireless card in any pcie slot.
the pc was originally supplied with this and worked ok.

during initial diagnosis I have purchased a secondhand H110M-Plus mobo with an I5 7600,transferred the memory, hdd, graphics card etc and still the same problem.
inserting the Wi-Fi card does not show in device manager . The windows 10 OS has not been changed so previously installed drivers when the card worked should still be installed.
i imagine there’s some setting in the bios I’m missing .
i have made enquiries to asus themselves but their customer service is as much use as a rubber crutch

Options
1 Reply
Re:Not detecting WIfi card
2021-11-30 07:21:42

Hello  @Semi42 

Thank you for your detailed post, it seems that some system files are corrupted and PCI adapter could not be detected. 

1.  Confirm you have updated motherboard Bios: 

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/H110M-PLUS/HelpDesk_BIOS/

2.  To help exclude the issue, can you test TL-WN881N on a different computer and see device could be found in Device manager

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 1

Related Articles